• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone using sledstart with boost?

yamiboost

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
15 SR Viper MTX Hurricane 300hp kit
Fx Nytro Drag Sled 25psi + Boss Nos
just installed sledstart on my apex and will start but just for a few seconds and shuts down again. would this be because i bypassed my tors? it starts and runs fine with the key.

thanks kinger, i was hoping i would beable to use it i have trouble starting my sled in the cold if its not pluged in and i figured id use this while on the way to a race just hit the button and fire it up in the back of the truck every 45min or so on the drive lol

If you unplug the controller then it works perfect try that to make sure you dont have a different issue.

I need to figure out what values it needs to see so I can try and fool it but then if it doesn't start it wont try to start it again.

if you figure anything out dont forget to share ;)!

Anybody every get a solution for this?

Sounds like FLYBYU said if you have have a controller with injector plugs make sure the sled start is plugged into the stock side of the injector harness and it should work.

My issue with the GEMS is it plugs into the main harness only and the sled start doesn't know the sled is running(which is wierd since the injectors are working!)

Any way to fool the injector harness of the sledstart with another feed that gives it the same information? I know kurt at one point said its looking for a frequency not a voltage wondering if I can make a external circuit that is powered up when the sled fires and plug the injector harness out of the sledstart into that to tell it the sled is running?

That could be the brake light wire which kills the engine hooked to the taillight, and kills the engine when the light powers up.

My issue with the GEMS is it plugs into the main harness only and the sled start doesn't know the sled is running(which is wierd since the injectors are working!)
Kinger, remember what i said about pulse and frequency. Gems boxes change those parameters which takes them out of sledstart idle range.

4X4, It would start and die if that was the case. But you'd have to squezze the brake to send voltage out. I wanted it to be built with voltage check and injector pickup but someone else had plans

Is there an issue with the pc5 that anyone is aware of?? My brother just bought the pc5 for his 2011 apex xtx, but already has sledstart. The main purpose for the pc5 is the runability issues associated with lean conditions, which in turn, kicks on the knock sensor at times, and detunes and lowers the RPM, Blah Blah Blah. Anyway, they should work togater....Right???

FLYBYU said:
Kinger, remember what i said about pulse and frequency. Gems boxes change those parameters which takes them out of sledstart idle range.

I vaugly remember that about the pulses and frequencies. I'm trying to stay out of electrical engineer geek mode and find a easy fix.

Can we adjust the range in the sled start somehow? I will call Kurt again today and talk.

I called Kurt and talked to him today. He siad we have two options

#1 he adjusted the range on the newer units freq that he sled start operates under and he is hoping that works, but hasn't got a confirmation yet.

#2 He said to tap that injector harness from sled start into the main harness after the ECU but before the GEMS module plug in. I looked up the wire color and its R/B for injector #1 which I assume is Red Blue.

Moving forward I am going to send my unit to Kurt and he is going to send me a newer one to test, if the newer one works then Kurt will know what calibrations are needed for the sledstart to work with the GEMS and the unit will plug and play like normal. If it doesn't then I will jsut hardwire the new unit in.

Big thanks to Kurt for helping me on this, stay tuned and I will find out if we can avoid the hardwire option, although I'm not to worried about that either.

Eitherway this baby will have remote start and start automatically at my programmed temp this winter!!!

We were goimg to try it on my sled but i'm running way bigger injectors which means I had to adjust fuel curve to extreme for it to idle. Kinger since your running stock injectors. Your not trimming to much off pulses for it to idle. The new ones have wider ranges to look for. There was a way around it. Just like most car starts are doing is voltage check instead of injector pulse.

UPDATE: New unit does NOT fix the problem. Looks like I'm going to hardwire that injector harness into the main wiring before the GEMS module then it should work.

Thanks again Kurt least we know now!

Back