• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone who studded a 2010 Vector LTX..read

CaptCaper said:
I'll have to go the 1 1/2 inches. A guy with a 09
Apex LTX with OEM cooler (same setup as our 2010 RS LTX I believe) had to go 1 1/2 in. before it stopped ripping up the cooler. I did only about 1" the first time on my Attak and hit the cooler so I did 1 1/2 and it has been fine. So either an aftermarket set up like mine or a OEM we still need 1 1/2 over cooler tappering down to the rear of the upper wheels.

Can you post a pic on yours so we are clear how the fix looks?

This is one way.

Attachments

• Cooler Protection.JPG
    Cooler Protection.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 717
  • t_p1010005_161[1].jpg
    t_p1010005_161[1].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 633
  • t_p1010003_135[1].jpg
    t_p1010003_135[1].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 635
Is that on a Vector LTX?? Mine had the tubes going over the cooler in the back, it was just too close and we had to add an 1/8 more.

no these were on a Apex I believe and it was a aftermarket cooler before Yami did OEM installs of the cooler. I didn't do my RS LTX yet but I did do my 07 Attak similar and thought these might help someone who has to fabricate some extra protection and give them an idea how.
The LTX Apex's even OEM installed coolers have to have 1 1/2 in of protection over cooler or 1.325's will hit. Apex short tracks are different in clearance I think.
The Vector LTX is the same now as the Apex LTX isn't it? You only put 1/8 and it hasn't hit the cooler?
When I stud our RS LTX I will post protection pictures.

I finally bought some stud's for my wifes 2010 RS Vector LTX and still not sure how much clearance is needed. Mr. Sled is claiming a 1/8 bar but othes have said more.
Is there anyone who can chime in? I'm inclined at this point to go with at least an old hyfax rivited to start based on some of the reading I've done here over the last couple of years.

After a few seasons on the 2010 LTX we have found that an 1/8" is not enough.... Even 1/4" looks like with the right tail landing would catch the fins. We added some old Hyfax to a 2010 Vector LTX and found the same problem on a 2008 Vector LTX. Here is the hyfax in place and the damage done to the fins.

Attachments

• garage011 (5).JPG
    garage011 (5).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,123
  • garage011 (6).JPG
    garage011 (6).JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 659
  • garage011 (7).JPG
    garage011 (7).JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,091
Heres a little trick to drop the rear of the skid so you dont have to pull it out completely to work on the rear exchanger.

Ratchet strap the suspension as show in the picture and this will maintain the preload and keep the shaft aligned with the bolt holes.

on a 2010 you will have to remove the rear wheels.

on a 2008-2009 you will need to drop the wheel and rear cross shaft.

Attachments

• garage011 (8).JPG
    garage011 (8).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 620
  • garage011 (9).JPG
    garage011 (9).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 585
Are you saying Mr.Sled this is going to be the first season trying old Hyfax ??? or the Hyfax still isn't enough?

If you didn't trash the cooler out with less....more will be better.
I have 1 1/2 on my ATTACK on top of a after market cooler which makes it even less room under there then yours and being I way 260 lbs or my track,cooler,etc. is still A1 with 8K on the sled.

2012 Vector LTX Studing

I am new to Yamaha.
I would like to install 108 double digger Woodys 1.325 studs using the 136 center belt pattern to my 2012 Vector LTX.
What modifications if any are needed to the stock tunnel protectors for the 2012 model year Vector LTX?

Zero miles waiting for snow.

I'm going to do that today to ours.. hope it's enough..

2009 Vector LTX GT Studs

I picked up a 2009 Vector LTX GT, pristine, only 98 miles. It is studded, but I do not know the length of the studs used. Safe to assume I need to install extra protection on the 2009 as well? Thanks.

Back