• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex clutch unknown

Blue_Blood

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 yamaha apex ltx gt
Just wondering my 2010 apex ltx apparently had some clutch work done to it before I bought it and I'm now looking into a kit because I think I've been robbed of top end speed 105 mph max just wondering any info on stock spring colors and helix maybe weights to see whats even been done to mine ?

Go to top of this page click ty tech. click on snowmobile tech. top line has stock specs for multiple sleds and years. If you cant find let me know and I will post specs here for you

Wow that's amazing best info I've seen in a long time thanks a lot just like I expected not the rite secondary spring any idea how the 60 degree setting works

Also doesn't give a helix number I'd also like to make sure it's correct

Again in tech info. under clutch and jetting scroll down cam angles lists your 51/43 stock cam with ID # 8FA00. scroll to twist angles chart pic shows all angles you can twist your helix which adds or subtracts spring tension. In your case 60deg would be spring position 3hole on secondary 3hole on helix is stock.

I checked my 06 and 15 Apex helix ID #s both the same 8BVFA and those run 51/43 angle as does yours in stock form.

Yes I didn't see where it said hole 3 and 3 for the spring but that's helps mine has a black spring in the secondary and by this info should be white and I'm going to look into the number of the helix because I remember the first owner saying something about it

Yes I didn't see where it said hole 3 and 3 for the spring but that's helps mine has a black spring in the secondary and by this info should be white and I'm going to look into the number of the helix because I remember the first owner saying something about it
All yamaha springs are black. there should also be a small spot about mid spring with another color which tells you what spring it is.

Ok guys thanks I'm going to go have a look and see what's been done and then post some pics

Well found out what's in mine springs are stock and are set to the proper degree everything looks ok but the helix is not the rite number and is shimmed out with washers not sure why doesn't look rite I have pics but it won't let me post them says there to large

I have a 8bvfa helix on mine and it's shimed out with washers no idea why but suposed to have a 8FA00 and I want it rite If anyone has a stock apex helix let me know

Washers or a shimmed secondary is prevent coil bind. This can add a few mph to the top end.
It is important to shim the secondary when the primary has been cut for overdrive.

How would I know if the primary has been cut ?

Does anyone have the number off there stock apex helix ?

Back