• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Donut Elimination Mod

The 06-10 Apex kit has been out of stock for a while. has anyone looked into sourcing the parts seperately? I found 1 3/8"stainless braided flex pipes on eBay they look pretty similar just wondering if anyone has had any experience. I mean I really dont think he is manufacturing the flex components...

The 06-10 Apex kit has been out of stock for a while. has anyone looked into sourcing the parts seperately? I found 1 3/8"stainless braided flex pipes on eBay they look pretty similar just wondering if anyone has had any experience. I mean I really dont think he is manufacturing the flex components...

Did you try calling to see when they will be in stock. He had them made the way they need to be to fit each sled.

Try Jagco... https://jagco.net/ I used them when I built my header couplers back in 2005. They were very helpful and knowledgeable...
IMG_3962.JPG

Same here! After about 3000km's this season my clamps all loosened as well. The clamps need to be looked at if theirs a better option. I was getting a strange power surge issue as well.

(see this post)
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/attak-sputtering-and-surging.156876/#post-1478869

I tried looking into a V band clamp like on car turbos but haven't been able to find anything small enough. For the amount of times I've had this apart I could of just changed out the donuts for the same amount of frustration. I started off with high hopes but I've had my sled apart like 5 times now chasing these leaks and I am getting tired. I want a true one time fix! Nothing against this product its a great idea and its only going to get better with time! Just needs a better clamp IMO.

When doing a rag test on a 15,000 mile 2012 XTX, the motor wouldn't die so I think there's a leak somewhere. Although it sounds fine, I'm sure the donuts are getting tired. The FX Garage flex pipes look great but I don't want the hassle some have had with the clamps loosening up.

Although the Ape isn't my main ride any longer, it has all the major mods and a new track and I'm keeping it. However, it's only a matter of time with the Titanium flanges breaking and I'm screwed. With the OEM pipe listing for $4,059 ($3100 PZ), I just bought Ulmer's last in-stock Stainless header pipe and it's on the way. Question - does anyone think (or have tested) a high heat thread-locker like Hot Lock, or other magic potion, and believe it would last? Or am I better off just going with the copper donuts on the new pipe?

Last question for anyone that's done it, there was someone on here in an EXUP delete thread ripping the stainless header awhile back . Has deleting the EXUP caused you any problems? Codes, leaks or performance? Thank you all.

I had an Ulmer header on my ‘11 to preemptively eliminate any exup hassles. I’ve now picked up a smashed ‘16 Apex to build for myself and I ordered one of his last headers for this sled. What does that tell you?
I think the lack of maintenance, added longevity, and slight performance improvement are worth the price of admission over the long haul. Just this guy’s opinion though.

When doing a rag test on a 15,000 mile 2012 XTX, the motor wouldn't die so I think there's a leak somewhere. Although it sounds fine, I'm sure the donuts are getting tired. The FX Garage flex pipes look great but I don't want the hassle some have had with the clamps loosening up.

Although the Ape isn't my main ride any longer, it has all the major mods and a new track and I'm keeping it. However, it's only a matter of time with the Titanium flanges breaking and I'm screwed. With the OEM pipe listing for $4,059 ($3100 PZ), I just bought Ulmer's last in-stock Stainless header pipe and it's on the way. Question - does anyone think (or have tested) a high heat thread-locker like Hot Lock, or other magic potion, and believe it would last? Or am I better off just going with the copper donuts on the new pipe?

Last question for anyone that's done it, there was someone on here in an EXUP delete thread ripping the stainless header awhile back . Has deleting the EXUP caused you any problems? Codes, leaks or performance? Thank you all.
I just removed a Ulmer stainless pipe from my Wifes Apex, Its for sale if you need another one.

Am curious as well although I will say, I must have an anomaly Apex because my 18 XTX has close to 10,000 miles and I just replaced the exhaust gaskets; other than the one, they weren't really that bad:

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

I also am still running my stock EXUP cable and even adjusted it once using the video MrSled made. I have a spare set of cables on hand but haven't needed them yet. Like Stubbs said, maybe maintenance is the key but I also know longevity will eventually catch up with the header and contemplated Ulmer's header.

22000 mi on the 11 and only one set of cables and dounuts so far. i do check the exup adjustment every year on both apex. have not had to adjust for the last 3 seasons but just getting to them now.

Just digging into a new to me ‘16 Ape today and at 6400 KM one of the cables has already snapped……Yeah, I’m glad I ponied up for the Ulmer header before they were gone. If anyone wants a low mile exup header minus cables in great shape let me know. Just a note, they are now over $7000 dollars CAN new from Yammy. Read that again……

Just digging into a new to me ‘16 Ape today and at 6400 KM one of the cables has already snapped……Yeah, I’m glad I ponied up for the Ulmer header before they were gone. If anyone wants a low mile exup header minus cables in great shape let me know. Just a note, they are now over $7000 dollars CAN new from Yammy. Read that again……
dammmn......

Wowza, they were $2600 a couple years ago.

I think I might have to decline any exhaust work on those sleds from here out. Yeesh

Search Google for a 1.5" or whatever size you need v-band kit. Have it welded on and never worry again.

Back