• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex - Front Shock Specs

SRX Boy

Expert
Happy New Year folks!! I have a 2011 Apex XTX - got 25,000kms on it, been fantastic. Need to replace the front shocks - they are NOT rebuildable. Not looking to spend a lot of $$ so was hoping for a used set - but struggling with size. Anyone know if some of the rebuildable shocks off of the other Apex models would fit the XTX?? Where can I find the sizing specs for a replacement set?? Buying a new OEM set doesn’t make sense.

Check with Travis at Barn of parts . Com ! I was just on his site yesterday and he has some good used ones . I believe yours can be rebuilt. If you want to go cheap I have a pair of Apex shocks in the classifieds.

Thanks, I’ve purchased a few things from Travis - always great. Unfortunately given shipping, duty, exchange and huge shipping delays we are currently seeing I’m looking for a more local Cdn solution.

I totally understand! The US mail sucks right now . You pay for express 3 day service and when you call the local Post Office they say you might have to wait 3 weeks ...... if you have stock shocks you should be able to rebuild them . I just had a pair done for my Vector . I don’t believe they changed shock size for 2011 . Google shock rebuilds in your area.

I had the front shocks rebuilt on my 2011 Apex several times and revalved, they are absolutely serviceable.

It was an XTX. Peak Velocity out of Clairemont Ont. is very close to me, so I give my shocks to Dean when I want rebuilds or a revalve. Frank at Shoctec is also in Ontario and could fix you up.

Dean has done a bunch of shocks for me and my buddies also. Great to deal with. re-did one of my rear shocks the day before a Quebec trip while I waited, 20min.

Dean has done a bunch of shocks for me and my buddies also. Great to deal with. re-did one of my rear shocks the day before a Quebec trip while I waited, 20min.
I’ve had several experiences like this with Dean over the years, great guy!!!

Back