• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex GT with Mid Shield!!!

SledderSteve said:
MrSled said:
sstickler, they are an add on option for the Power Madds. I will post a pic once I get them on the sled.

Tom

Race ya! :tg:

I'll have mine installed on the Power Madds tomorrow. Spent a whole bunch of time fiddling around to fit the handguard with the extended brake lever, the windshield and the parking brake lever. Decided that drinking was more important and took a break so I wouldn't break the brake......again. :oops:
Edit: Done! http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=18369&highlight=

Steve,

Just ordered my set of guards and mirrors...would like to learn from your frustrations with installation as I have the extended brake lever, too...I ordered both the 12.5 windshield and the 14.5(like Mr. Sled's)...do you think it matters which windshield you use and how much interference you might have?

Still waiting for my GT but want to be ready to install when the trails open...

Thanks from another Steve!

MrSled said:
The interference will not happen during normal riding on either shield with those guards....
Speak for yourself Tommy, you're "Normal" and I could break an anvil with a glass hammer.

sstickler, the trick is to get the guard located where you want it then rotate the brake lever so you can grab it while wearing gloves and not interfere with the guard. My angst came from not wearing gloves when I first tested it, I tightend up the brake, screwed the controls back together then tried it with a glove and found I had to take it all apart again. Found myself speaking French and I don't even speak French.
:o|

The main thing on mounting the guards is to use the far hole on the brake side (closest to the shield) and the near hole on the throttle side. (closest to the bars) This seems to balance the whole setup quite nicely.

Thanks guys!

I am sure I will have questions when I get the guards, mirrors and my GT...taking my 04 Warrior up to my dealer in WI Rapids this weekend for the trade in on the GT...seems there are a few things they need to look at on my 05 RX1 ER too...I hear it's snowing up there...

Guess I owe TY a VIP membership...well worth it!

Thanks for the pics!

My husband was thinking about a taller shield w/handguards, so will make sure I show him your pics, will probably put his mind at ease!!

Keep up the great work guys
Robin
Leisure Time Sports
Tomah, WI

sstickler said:
MrSled said:
I am adding the mirrors to the Hand Guards

What type of mirrors will you be using and how do you hook them up to the Hand Guards?

Thanx!
I installed the mirrors on the Powermadd hand guards and they just bolt on with one bolt and nut. You have to drill a hole in the hand guard. The look fine and are funtional.

Back