• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Still Awesome!

Apex was a great four-stroke sled back in the mid 2000's, but life has passed it by in spades. Fantastic engine! In fact the finest four-stroke ever produced, but that chassis only belongs on a smooth wide groomed trail. Love my Apexs in the UP on those groomed big trails, hated it here around home, then I discovered the 1200 Doo and it was by far my favorite for all trails until I discovered how great the Winder was. I'd take any modded 1200 Doo all day long over the Apex.

Apex was a great four-stroke sled back in the mid 2000's, but life has passed it by in spades. Fantastic engine! In fact the finest four-stroke ever produced, but that chassis only belongs on a smooth wide groomed trail. Love my Apexs in the UP on those groomed big trails, hated it here around home, then I discovered the 1200 Doo and it was by far my favorite for all trails until I discovered how great the Winder was. I'd take any modded 1200 Doo all day long over the Apex.
There ya go, something for all, now lets ride!

After having an apex, a sidewinder ltx le and now a viper I cant argue the fact the apex truly is an amazing sled. I still have one of my two 2007 apex's. It has around 9,000 miles and brings a smile to my face each time I ride it. It mostly hangs tight in the garage, but every time my sidewinder broke down, the apex was there to fill the void. (My sidewinder was broken a lot:rolleyes: Mostly self inflicted) The viper has been a really fun and reliable trail sled thus far, but it certainly doesn't bring me the joy my apex with a ram air intake does on full throttle across a frozen lake. Happy riding!

Back