• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ns1 gauges

Kuzzy

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 yamaha sidewinder xtx se
2022 STX GT
2017 King Cat M9000
Looking at this setup, I "think" it would be awesome, it's even supposed to work with trackmaps. I currently have a 7" gps that I use with a ram mount, and have been fairly happy, but I always seem to be caught with having to much info, or zoomed in. For instance it is a bit of a pain to see what town I am coming up to lol. Wondering if anybody has a review of these gauges, and if it plays nicely with the different sled tunes. Obviously the jukebox would not work on it, but what about a flasher and a cell phone (or the Ns1 gauges with the app on it) ? The copitrail in my opinion is way over priced when compared to the Ns1 gauges so I don't see that as much of an option

I have been looking at that gauge set also.
it looks awesome. I like how you can configure the gauges.

You have boost ,afr,data logging, throttle, motor temp, all kinds of gauges needle,digital, straight bar, and gps speed and real good maps, you just have to get the setup for afr, I have had this gauge since 2012 and now on my 17 and have had no problems, you can call and they will help you with anything, free updates changing every year, you take the pad in house go on internet ,go to the app on pad and hit update real easy, worth the money he’ll a gps handheld good one is around$500.

If I were to buy a flasher for my TD tunes, can you forsee any reason why the Ns1 gauges would not substitute as my phone to change between tunes?

You have boost ,afr,data logging, throttle, motor temp, all kinds of gauges needle,digital, straight bar, and gps speed and real good maps, you just have to get the setup for afr, I have had this gauge since 2012 and now on my 17 and have had no problems, you can call and they will help you with anything, free updates changing every year, you take the pad in house go on internet ,go to the app on pad and hit update real easy, worth the money he’ll a gps handheld good one is around$500.
stop......you are making me spend more money

If I were to buy a flasher for my TD tunes, can you forsee any reason why the Ns1 gauges would not substitute as my phone to change between tunes?
I’m not 100% sure but I think with the flasher it’s for I phone or android.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 93928848-E9D4-46C9-A4DB-6F4938D5980E.png
    93928848-E9D4-46C9-A4DB-6F4938D5980E.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 403
I have run an NS1 on my 2014 ZR9 for the past 5 seasons. The unit works great, I do remove it after a days ride and keep it on a charger when I do not use it. You can configure the screen(s) many ways for display. For example on option 1, I have it with speedo/tach on one half of the screen and the trail map on the other. Option 2, I have track 9 pieces of data at the same time. It also records and has a playback feature. Unlike the stock speedo unit, the sled can run without the unit installed. It is among the best money I have ever spent.

I used one on my 14 xf also , loved it, well worth the loot.

Attachments

• 7FFFC32F-981F-4EAE-B376-2205B6FD49BA.jpeg
    7FFFC32F-981F-4EAE-B376-2205B6FD49BA.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 443
ok, ok, you guys have sold me, now to see if i can get one this year lol

One tip, get some extra plastic wing nuts that hold the guage in place, my ham fists seem to drop them into the black hole.

Pulled the trigger today, little late, but I needed things to line up first. I'll let you know what I think STAIN

Sweet.
I wonder if you can run that gauge on more than one sled?
I will have 2 (hopefully) procross sleds and wonder if you had the mount if you could move it from sled to sled?

I asked about that and Stephan said that the tablet is the cheap part and that the brain box is the expensive part, which each individual sled requires. So the answer is yes, but not worth the savings

Got the NS1 today, first impressions are that it is "alright". i only had an hour with it, everything installed good, and it seems solid. The tablet is a lenovo tab8, and i have to say i was surprised by that since i half expected some 30$ amazon fire tablet. I thought that he had forgot to send all the parts because all the pictures showed 4 warning lights on top, but i guess he got rid of that when he went to an 8" tablet because there was no room anymore. I barely played with the display because everything needs to be updated, but so far the gps is not showing me the detail i am looking for. I am hoping that this will be easily changed and that i am missing a setting. The finish is about what you would expect from 3d printing, and I think that if he could source something that was molded he could likely increase his sales, and if i had an option, i would pay more for the molded pieces. Dont get me wrong, i "get it" and it is what it is, just at 826$ shipped to my door, what is another 50$ or so for something for a better finish. There is a precision EFI tab that is compelling me to check it out....but it needs to get hooked up to a running sled first i guess. Also i asked about the warning lights because of TD's knock protection, and he said that the screen icons should still flash to show knock. And I hope that I dont have to become a 13 year old computer nerd to get everything set the way i want lol, but time will tell.

I am excited to get my sled together and give this thing a real test, but for now that is where i will leave it.

Back