• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ns1 gauges

Ok. I ordered my NS 1 gauge last week.
I went to the New Hampshire grass drag event and talked to the owner of GPS Trailmaster's about how buy and to load their maps on to the NS-1.
I was not happy with his answer.
He claims he not 100% sure what " type of files"? NS-1 uses on their gauge. He has been trying to contact the company for a while with no response with increasing levels of frustration. He has removed NS-1 from his website as a compatible device as a result until he can communicate with NS-1.
To say this was disappointing to me is an understatement. I will try to contact NS-1 next week. I may end up cancelling my order if I can't get this resolved or find some definite answers.
A lot of this programing talk is above my head. I just want a system that is easy to install and use. I do not want to use any of the Garmin type GPS units as I find them hard to read. Been there. :o|

The NS 1 can run its native mapping, and it can run *any* compatible android application in split screen mode next to the gauge display. The NS 1 is an android tablet so any app that can run on that tablet can take up half the display. The NS 1 is compatible with garmin mapping, meaning it can take a gpx file and load that into its mapping application. GPS trailmaster maps are available as GPX files so I assume that means that is how the NS 1 is loading them. All of this just got a lot more problematic however for those in Ontario. So if you are in Ontario and thinking about an NS1 gauge I would pay attention to what OFSC is up to.

Ok. I ordered my NS 1 gauge last week.
I went to the New Hampshire grass drag event and talked to the owner of GPS Trailmaster's about how buy and to load their maps on to the NS-1.
I was not happy with his answer.
He claims he not 100% sure what " type of files"? NS-1 uses on their gauge. He has been trying to contact the company for a while with no response with increasing levels of frustration. He has removed NS-1 from his website as a compatible device as a result until he can communicate with NS-1.
To say this was disappointing to me is an understatement. I will try to contact NS-1 next week. I may end up cancelling my order if I can't get this resolved or find some definite answers.
A lot of this programing talk is above my head. I just want a system that is easy to install and use. I do not want to use any of the Garmin type GPS units as I find them hard to read. Been there. :o|
I run GPS trail masters with mine it's not that hard to figure out and he has directions on how to do it on his website. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AcQKIDAKWLN2aGwDd0HgUiYMPZLpMUha/view?usp=drivesdk

I am just reporting what the owner of GPS Trailmasters told me. Like I said, he claims he has been trying to communicate with him for a while with no response.
Hopefully, it is an easy download.
I am not super computer savvy when comes things like this and get easily frustrated when things type things go sideways.
I may be contacting some of you for some pointers.
Thanks

I am just reporting what the owner of GPS Trailmasters told me. Like I said, he claims he has been trying to communicate with him for a while with no response.
I am not super computer savvy when comes things like this and get easily frustrated when things type things go sideways.
Thanks
I found it easier to put it on the ns1 gauge then load them on garmin to be honest.

Thanks
Not sure how hard he is trying. He’s one of the easiest I’ve delt with to contact and discuss parts with.

Got my gauge today and read through the instructions.
Stephan loaded the GPS trailmasters app for me after I sent him my confirmation link.
Looking at the unit, I think I will buy a USB extension to make unplugging the unit easier when I have to leave my sled outside overnight.
Also, I will probably safety wire the hold down tabs to the base as not to drop them in the sled.
Has anyone modified the hold down tabs so that you can just loosen then turn them to get the unit out? It seems as you have to completely remove them to get the unit to off the base. Maybe it will different when I get it mounted.
I am excited to use this gauge.

Got my gauge today and read through the instructions.
Stephan loaded the GPS trailmasters app for me after I sent him my confirmation link.
Looking at the unit, I think I will buy a USB extension to make unplugging the unit easier when I have to leave my sled outside overnight.
Also, I will probably safety wire the hold down tabs to the base as not to drop them in the sled.
Has anyone modified the hold down tabs so that you can just loosen then turn them to get the unit out? It seems as you have to completely remove them to get the unit to off the base. Maybe it will different when I get it mounted.
I am excited to use this gauge.
I have always had to remove them entirely to get the unit out. Be careful not to drop them down the vent. LOL

I have always had to remove them entirely to get the unit out. Be careful not to drop them down the vent. LOL
I think I will safety wire them to the mount.

I haven’t played with it recently. But I think they were just off center and if twisted one way or another it could pop out. But I can’t say for sure. I really want to play with the apps and split screens more and want to find the data logging too.

More questions.
I let my sled sit for 2 weeks without starting it. The gauge was dead today.
To those that have this gauge, do you remove it if you are not going to be riding for a week or so or did I not turn it off properly?
How often do you remove the gauge?
Should I remove it if I leave it outside overnight in the cold? At what overnight temps should I be bringing this thing inside?

I know I have been beating this subject to death, but I like to get real world input.

More questions.
I let my sled sit for 2 weeks without starting it. The gauge was dead today.
To those that have this gauge, do you remove it if you are not going to be riding for a week or so or did I not turn it off properly?
How often do you remove the gauge?
Should I remove it if I leave it outside overnight in the cold? At what overnight temps should I be bringing this thing inside?

I know I have been beating this subject to death, but I like to get real world input.
The NS1 needs to be shut off completely or plugged into a charger when not in use. It is a nothing more than a tablet modified into a gauge. During the winter, I take it off the sled completely, bring into the house and plug it into the charger. During the warmer months, I leave it on the sled and plug into a charger. If your vent is open under the gauge on the sled, be careful not to drop the plastic wing nuts down the hole. On the old 1100, having to undress the sled to get the hood off was always enjoyable. Less of an issue on the 998. LOL

Back