• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

are the nytro sensitive to overheat?

max

Extreme
it looks like my temp light comes on often,when it is warm outside or going slow.will the extra heat exchanger from the mtx help? thanks

New sled?

Check your coolant with a gauge. Last year I had my light come on during hard pack conditions. When I checked the coolant I realized it was good to -68 Celcius (basically undiluted). I diluted it by removing over 1.5L of coolant and replacing with deionized water. After running and rechecking, my coolant was good to -40 celcius. I never saw the light again.

Unless it gets ridiculously cold, there is no need for pure coolant in these sleds. You may also want to run some Water Wetter if you can find it.

There are a bunch of posts on this one. Not to far back in the search. And Yes they do overheat! IMO

Nytro23, can you explain, maybe in a PM? I'm looking for a heat exchanger system, just to keep the snow out of the tunnel of this thing (and keep the ice build up down)!

In my opinion, the "non-MTX" FX Nytros have got too limited cooling capacity. In the beginning of last season, riding my -08 RTX 40th, I had one single day of warm, hardpack conditions. Even though my coolant mixture was correct and the cooling system was properly bleeded (proper english...?), I had the temp light come on couple of times. Very annoying, especially when riding buddies with Doos and Lynxs had no problems...This was enough embarassment for me to order and install the MTX tunnel radiator kit (part number 8HA-124A0-00-00). After this I did never see the temp light come on. I will install this radiator kit also in my -09 SE.

Put on a set of ice scratchers thats what i did big difference never ran hot after, its a must on a mtx.

Back