• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

are they joking?

7 skulls said:
Well, since yamaha didn't come with the sled I really want (100-110hp, lighter weight FX sled) I would have liked to see some weight loss on the FX nytro and sno-x front bulkhead. I would have bet money on a totally new model to celebrate 10 years of 4-strokes.
Yamaha seems to have slipped back into a conservative mode regarding sleds but what this signifies is still unclear. Are they "resting" from the engineering push to develop the RX-1 to gather resources and prep the next great 4-stroke revolution? Or has the sled division gone adrift in the wake of the 4-stroke conversion?
A new model is more than another choice in the showroom. It signifies a manufacturers renewed commitment to the sport. 2012 has no manufacturer with a new motor (doo-new skid, po-same, AC-new chassis, no 600, no 1000, same motors). Between the epa, the economy, the price of sleds and gas, our sport is getting hammered. The time of a new model every second season is over.
Man you said it ;)!

Re: sled

yamadog1 said:
i have been retired for 17 yrs and i will be 64 soon, also been sledding for
40yrs and through the years i have gotten upset about new models, but
as you get older you have a choice to be happy with your last few yrs or
be miserable. i choose to be happy, and i refuse to let small things ruin my
day. i wanted something different then my 07 attak but i will be just fine.

so don't let the small things get in your way of happiness.

Good, happiness is really a choice isn't it? Seems like you have a good retirement plan there 64-17= 47 as well!! All the best on your continued retirement.
And I guess the more often sleds are revamped/remodelled; the more R&D involved and the more cost to the buyer. There has to be a breaking point beyond which it is just not affordable anymore; so it is a balancing act for manufacturers I'd say to stay in the market and stay competitive. $17000 + for an Apex - wow, now that is getting pricey.

Back