• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

attack price

Too high by at least $1000. 2 years ago I paid $5400 for a 07 attak GT with less than 6000 miles. The GT is worth more IMO

Also at that milage there are a crap load of possible maintenence issues that may be popping up if they are not done. I have spent probably over $2000 on preventive stuff, and failing stuff. Bushings,Bearings, donuts, track, wheels, skid beef/paint, shock freshen, Axle upgrade. Almost every inch of this machine has been gone through except the engine......that seems to be the one part that just keeps going.I would have paid even less had I known about everthing that was a potential problem. I knew the track had wear, but did not know about the other stuff until I got on this forum. :o|I was always told by my fellow yamaha riders to "gas and go". Well I never had all these issues with my past polaris sled....only clutch problems every few thousand miles. Anyway, I guess when you hear about Yamaha reliability, that is refering to the engine/clutch, not the rest of the sled. Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to talk you out of this sled, as I really like mine for High speed trail riding. I just don't want you to overpay....like I did.

That is cheap! buy it.

Re: attack price ............a different perspective

michael432 said:
looking at an 07 attack with 4200 miles in exellent chape. the guy is asking 6300. what do yiou guys think

I purchased my 07 Attack last year for $5600 from memory with 3100 odd miles. It had a beefed up W arm - suspension, 2011 wheels with the replacable bearings, tall windscreen and was in excellent condition as far as paint and overall appearance.

When I got it home I found the beefed up arm was cracked, it needed all new suspension bushes, one front spindle housing was toast, track clips needed replacing and a couple wheel bearings were shot. The ex doghnuts were ok but I did them anyway.
My answer to whether your pricing is too high or low is it is pretty much totally dependant on the maintenance the sled has had performed as well as the accessories that are fitted.....

In the spring I bought a 2006 Attak - 8000 miles for $4000. Like most have said it depends on extras it comes with and what maintenance was done. Below is the list of things I have done since purchase. Now not everything on this list "had" to be done, but I didn't want any problems since I drive 2000 miles to sled for one week a year..

Jackshaft bearing regreased
DriveShaft speedo bearing regreased
Oil Changed
Filter changed
Chaincase lube chained
Clutches cleaned
Primary Clutch bushing changed
Secondary spring replaced
Secondary ramps replaced - were needed
Front A-arms bushings replaced - were needed badly
Bulk head bushings replaced - were needed badly
rear skid - regreased
big boy spring and revalved shock - must if you are more than 200lbs
Primary clutch Spring replaced
rear skid bushing kit installed - needed badly
New bearings in skid
New y pipe
New donuts (copper) - did not need but preventive
2 new clamps at Y to flex pipe
2 new clamps Y to exhaust - one was busted

The track looks in good shape so I passed on doing that this year.

Back