• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak reverse

JSTYER

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
I got my Attak all back together, installed a new track. I thought I put chain case back together right but now I have no reverse. Did I miss something?

Maybe you didn't get the reverse forks lined up in the groove on the reverse gear.

Them forks on the inside of the outer cover? I didn't know they are suppose to go someplace, I will have to tear it apart and check it out, what gear is the reverse gear and how do them forks go on while installing the cover? This is all new to me.

Take cover off . Undo the linkage for reverse so you can pull up on the fork dogs to get them to go into the groove on the lower gear . You will see when your in there. Hook linkage back up , and put on cover .

Take cover off . Undo the linkage for reverse so you can pull up on the fork dogs to get them to go into the groove on the lower gear . You will see when your in there. Hook linkage back up , and put on cover .

Like tomanytoyz said, you have to have the linkage free to pivot the fork arm into place with one hand. You have to have the outer cover started on/over shafts and you get a brief window of opportunity to see the forks line up with the grooves and drop in place properly.
I find I have to stand over top of the chaincase looking down inside it, and with about a 1/2"-3/4" gap between the cover and chaincase to see this all take place properly. Once fork dogs are engaged properly, cover will slide into place correctly.

Do you have a diagram to work off of?...also there is a little shim washer on the end of the shaft. Don't forget that or things won't work good either.

Back