• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Avid or Wahl drives on my boosted Nytro

edge_232

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro MTX slowly being modded
2005 IQR Trail Converted
I have a boosted 2011 Nytro MTX (push turbo 8lbs) and I'm getting ready to update my stock drives to either Avids of Wahl brothers and not sure which to go with. I'm sticking with the 153" track so the stock 3" pitch 7 tooth drives work again just want the one piece anti-ratchet & replace mine before the let go on me. I know the Wahls are cheaper but heard they may not stand up to a boosted sled. The overall cost really isn't an issue considering how much I already have into the sled. I just want something that is going to stand up to the boost and last.

Avid or Wahl let me know your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks

Avid, i have seen wahl broos that has melted on turbo machines. But then again i don't know for sure how they have had there track adjusted so it can be user fault also. I have avid on my nytro with 270hp mcx turbo and they don't show any wear after one season.

Operator seams to be a factor in many "product errors" LOL. I normally run my track around the 1-3/4" slack with 15 lbs ( I believe that was the weight) at the mid span of the track. I've only used the Avids before and they were on a non-turbo nytro nice product but the Wahl ones look good too. Just what to find out about real world applications.

Also are all the Nytro's the 1-1/16" drive shaft?

More info please.

I have run a set of Wahls on my Apex for several season now since turbo charging, the only melting I experienced was they picked up melted hyfax onto them from the track clips that the extrovert drivers poke thru, but they haven't shown any other signs of wearing or distorting themselves.

I got around 2000 on my stock MTX anti-ratchet ones and their starting to mushroom pretty good. So when I swap tracks I'm going to change them.

If money isn't an issue, just buy the Avids and be done with it. Wahls would probably be fine at 8 psi, but if you ever turn it up you'll never have to worry about it.

Thanks guys, I believe I'll be ordering a set of Avids tomorrow.

Back