• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad connector on wiring harness

fr0st

Veteran
I've got a bad connector on the main wiring harness .. it's full of corrosion. it's the one on the starter rely with 3 wires... i get code 43 and the sled won't start.. put in a new starter relay before i figured out it was the connector..

anybody got an idea on how to fix this?? is there a way to replace just the connector? i've seen some special tools fo remove the pins , maybe that can be done with this one ?

or maybe someone has a loose wiring harness that busted up and cheap?? i just need the starter relay connector and 4-6" of wire..

just clean the connector with a good penetrating oil then pack it with anti corrosion dielectric grease

No i already tried that.
One of the pins is so corroded that when sled idles, i just pull the wire and it stalls.

The pin is loose inside the connector

I really need to change it

There is a special tool to release the pins in the connector. Once it's out you'll need to try and match one up. Rockmeister might be able to help you find a supplier but it might be easier to contact one of the sled salvage guys like Barn of Parts for a replacement connector and either remove one pin and splice the wire to the sleds harness or splice all the wires from the replacement connector.

Back