• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ball joint Update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unpride

Expert
Just so everyone knows there will update coming out for the 08 Nytro. I was dropping mine off Saturday and the dealer told me its going to be sitting awhile until they get the updated parts! He was fully aware of the problem also!! Thanks Yamaha for stepping up

great

This is good news for a great sled. This platform will be around for awhile, it will just keep getting better.
Looking forward to running the new SE in the Iron Dog this year. Had a great ride last year, can't imagine it getting better but it sounds like it will.

What exactly are "updated" parts? Are they going to just replace the worn out parts with same new parts on a need be basis?

Sorry I did use the wrong word. They will be updating old style ball joints with a new design. The dealer told me my sled will be sitting till they get them in and thats fine with me.

I dont know I didnt ask. All I know is the dealer told me about it when I told him I needed warranty work done. I just know they arent just replacing the worn out ones with the same ones

ball joints

I had an automotive style installed on the race sleds. Gueco Racing installed them for me. Even after a 1000 miles they were still tight. So there are some out there that you can put on right now.
They fit in the same socket, just had to make a bushing to go from standard to metric. Danny Gueco actually went with a 1/2 inch bolt instead of the 10 mm bolt on the race sleds. Very good set up if Yamaha doesn't come thru .

I ran the same lower ball joints as Nytro23 as my stock ones were loose at 500 miles and shot at 800 miles. 1000 miles and two cross country races later they are still tight. There are a couple threads floating around with more details. The nice thing is they are greasable and have been race proven.

edited for wording

you guys don't have the number or vendor for those automotive style ball joints by any chance,,,

You might as well wait for the updated ones the ball joints arent the only updates. Sounds to me from what I heard today they are also changing the angles up front as an update too. To me that sounds like better handling is in the works for us 08 guys. Hang in there Ill get the whole scoop tomorrow when I drop mine off

The chatter I gt from my dealer today, was that there was a kit coming to bring it closer to the '09 specs. He couldn't say if it was a complete front end, or just a subframe with different geometery. He did say the pieces were going to take care of the first year issues. I tried to get a price form him, but he said that hasn't been released yet. We were purely speculating at approx $375...?? (if it also replaces a-arms & spindles)

nate007 said:
The chatter I gt from my dealer today, was that there was a kit coming to bring it closer to the '09 specs. He couldn't say if it was a complete front end, or just a subframe with different geometery. He did say the pieces were going to take care of the first year issues. I tried to get a price form him, but he said that hasn't been released yet. We were purely speculating at approx $375...?? (if it also replaces a-arms & spindles)

I'm looking forward to this update. It's already a great sled, but if this makes it just a little better................ look out!!!! :Rockon:

I didnt hear anything about money out of my pocket but if we can basically upgrade to and 09 it would be worth every penny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back