• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

barker exhaust

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer
Has anyone installed the barker slip on exhaust? Is it worth it? Is there a noticable difference off the trail? Is there anything else that needs to go long with it?

I have one on my nytro. I have the fuel controller for it and I can tell they is some good gain. The throttle respond is better and it rips when you get one it. However it is very loud so if thats not a problem for you I'd go for it cause I notice quite a bit of a difference.

For the nytro it was $235 and I believe its the same for the phazer. It is very easy because it comes pre-mapped so all you have to do is plug it in and go. Easy as that. You will notice right away how much smoother your idle will sound. You can order the fuel controller through barkers website.

Yeah no problem. It was a good investment for me and I really like it.

You guys could go with Hindle and bolt it right on with no need for a fuel controller and have a fully tuned system, not just a slip on...which saves you from cutting your stock system if ever you wanted to put it back to stock. Food for thought.

You guys could go with Hindle and bolt it right on with no need for a fuel controller and have a fully tuned system, not just a slip on...which saves you from cutting your stock system if ever you wanted to put it back to stock. Food for thought.
anyone who has installed one has had decel popping.... no fuel controller required???

I have aaen and PCIII and never had any backfiring. I would assume the hindle would benefit also

anyone who has installed one has had decel popping.... no fuel controller required???

I have aaen and PCIII and never had any backfiring. I would assume the hindle would benefit also

Well, according to Dave at Hurricane the afr numbers were good....I haven read anything about popping on decel...could you provide a link for me? ;)!

Hindle... Hmmm....I've heard 2 stories coming from hindle depending on who you talk too. 1 says you need a controller the other said you don't!!! I've seen the pipes almost worn through from rubbing in different places.
Sorry, just food for thought.

Hindle... Hmmm....I've heard 2 stories coming from hindle depending on who you talk too. 1 says you need a controller the other said you don't!!! I've seen the pipes almost worn through from rubbing in different places.
Sorry, just food for thought.

Pics on this? Again, never heard of fitment issues. What are the pipes rubbing on?

Well, according to Dave at Hurricane the afr numbers were good....I haven read anything about popping on decel...could you provide a link for me? ;)!

100% decel popping here when it was bolted on. Got worse every ride. I assume as packing was being blown out it got worse.

Dave at hurricane confirmed afr numbers are 12.8, the target at WOT. But I will say Lee/Scott during both calls did confirm bike all run different at different sea levels. Where it was tested is certainly different than where I live.

LEE at HINDLE confirmed via phone call PC5 w/auto tune would be a safe investment. He's pretty sure I'm running very very lean as packing was blown out in approx 600 Kms. This was before Xmas when they finally followed up my warrenty issues feb 2015. Received system mid Jan. Upon arrival it was to be personally inspected, fixed and shipped day of arrival with a call to confirm inspection and reccomdations. No call to date.

I have received call last week from Scott but he had absolutely no idea what Lee promised. He did say pc5 w/auto tune would be smart to protect lean condition which would explain packing gone so quickly. Didn't get to follow up on my rubbing issues as he had a customer standing there and had to go.

Received pipe back from work incomplete. Still currently awaiting rivits, strap ect ect to finish myself. Wasn't riveted at both ends when I received back and no updated strap (to help it stop sliding back and forth on header)

Upon pulling the header off to bolt my stock system back on to actually ride, found header was rubbing cover (springs wore right into cover, one spring was gone, fire protectant was totally missing ect) header was rubbing in 5 places. Spring holding mid pipe was gone. One of which rubbed my tunnel seat bracket. Spot 2 of 5 wore a spot 1/2 way through thickness of header.

Back