• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Driveshaft Saver....Bearing Lock

Note guys , not too much grease or never sieze , it will find its way out to the clutchs !!! been There !

Note guys , not too much grease or never sieze , it will find its way out to the clutchs !!! been There !

:drink:OMG
How much did you use?

Is this going to be an issues with the 2021 sleds or did they start machining the shaft properly?

2021 the shaft and bearing fittement has been addressed
Are you Sure? I bet it's still not locked. Shaft expander would be great for peace of mind. Rather than finding out later.
Even at room temperature, a new bearing is pretty stiff turning. I'm locking mine down and be done for the next 10,000 miles.

Are you Sure? I bet it's still not locked. Shaft expander would be great for peace of mind. Rather than finding out later.
Even at room temperature, a new bearing is pretty stiff turning. I'm locking mine down and be done for the next 10,000 miles.
Yes it was mentioned on a live Q and A with Jarrett from yamaha Corp.

The last shaft I ordered beleive i end up with a updated shaft
20200928_134649.jpg
20200928_134748.jpg

This shaft was .0015" oversized and required to warm bearing and cool shaft to install

Anything more on 2021 sleds having new shaft and bearing

The last shaft I ordered beleive i end up with a updated shaft View attachment 156978 View attachment 156979
This shaft was .0015" oversized and required to warm bearing and cool shaft to install
The question is have all old shafts been purged from supply line such that every 2021 got the new shaft?
(BTW- bearings haven't changed. Still using 6009 which have an ID of 45mm = 1.77165").

I was referring to new sleds not replacement shaft

Yes, 2021. But still have ALL old design shafts been purged such that there was no way for a 2021 to have an old one?

Back