• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Heat Shield for Mid Pipe

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
The OEM heat shield on mid pipe is starting to become a more frequent failure as they age. For what it is the OEM one is a bit pricey at around $220 list and they don't seem to hold up very long even when new. Been working on a better quality one in the offseason. Finally got my cardboard templates converted to aluminum last week. Will certainly take a few revisions til I get it where I want it but its getting there. Below is a sneak peak.

heat shield.jpg

I needed 2 replacements on my 17 with 11,000miles

The OEM heat shield on mid pipe is starting to become a more frequent failure as they age. For what it is the OEM one is a bit pricey at around $220 list and they don't seem to hold up very long even when new. Been working on a better quality one in the offseason. Finally got my cardboard templates converted to aluminum last week. Will certainly take a few revisions til I get it where I want it but its getting there. Below is a sneak peak.

View attachment 173514
Nice work! This will make a nice upgrade when you get these to market. It will be on my shopping list.

Back