• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Procross Sway Bars

Reviving this thread. I did receive one of BOP's sway bars as a test pilot if you will. It's very nicely made. My issue is that I cannot get the OEM sway bar out of the sled as my power steering unit is in the way. This will be a big problem if us with power steering brake the sway bar, it obviously will come out easy, but you won't be able to get a new one in. I believe that the BOP's sway bar will fit in a sled with PS as its ends are circular and the OEM are flared, this is what prevented the OEM from coming out. Has anyone replaced the sway bar on a sled with PS?

Reviving this thread. I did receive one of BOP's sway bars as a test pilot if you will. It's very nicely made. My issue is that I cannot get the OEM sway bar out of the sled as my power steering unit is in the way. This will be a big problem if us with power steering brake the sway bar, it obviously will come out easy, but you won't be able to get a new one in. I believe that the BOP's sway bar will fit in a sled with PS as its ends are circular and the OEM are flared, this is what prevented the OEM from coming out. Has anyone replaced the sway bar on a sled with PS?
Were you able to remove the stock bar?

My stock bar broke on my 22 Tcat with EPS, so taking it out was no problem. Putting in a new stock bar was a challenge, I ended up bending open the holes where the bar mounts, still a struggle.

I sent out several prototypes in fall, but poor winter is not resulting in much feedback yet.

I sent out with 2 grades of m6 bolts. Some were ss button heads and others were 8.8 hex heads. From feedback I have gotten the ss button heads are way too soft and break easily. The 8.8 bolts are lasting around 400 miles for another rider. I now have some 10.9 and 12.9 harder bolts to test.

Also drilled a few bars out for m8 or 5/16" bolts to test as well. For those that have the initial bolts I sent don't even bother with them. Pick up some harder ones or reach out to me for harder ones. I will update this thread as I get more feedback.

As for EPS equipped units. One customer said getting the the orignal out took some force with a hammer, but he got it out. He said my 1/2" diameter bar went in with no issue. Some prototypes went out had a 5/8" mid section, so can't confirm that those go in with no issue on EPS sled.

Travis, assume we are good to drill out holes in the bars sent out to accommodate m8 bolts?

I would like to add the swaybar definately works as intended. The few times I tested on what little snow we had, the front leaned much less and if it did pick the inside ski, it did not come up much and felt controllable. I run the front springs very soft, with curve skis and 6 inch slim jims so its pretty aggressive.
I like it!!

Travis, assume we are good to drill out holes in the bars sent out to accommodate m8 bolts?
Yes you can drill yours out if you wish to bump up to m8 right away to test that. On 1/2" bar there is not alot of material left with the larger hole but I think it will still be ok.

As i mentioned from beginning I was hoping to come up with a configuration that bolts to fail before the bar so that is why I started with smaller softer bolts. Skidoo uses m6 bolts, but the bar is most likely softer. m6 bolts with stiffer bar just may not be an option. Time will tell.

I drilled it to 5/16, and have stainless steel button head hex x 1 1/2 " long, 5/16-18, with a nylon locknut. I also have the same in black button head allen which may be harder, just in case. When lifting one ski high enough to get the dolly under, it really twists the swaybar, more than even riding. That broke one m6 and bent the other. I literally tried to break this by picking up fast and hard,many times, and it seems really solid. Good workout too as these are soooo light!! lol (edit...I should add the stock bolts arent long enough to get a full nut on so didnt use them)

Attachments

• 20240209_093447.jpg
    20240209_093447.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240209_093521.jpg
    20240209_093521.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I sent out several prototypes in fall, but poor winter is not resulting in much feedback yet.

I sent out with 2 grades of m6 bolts. Some were ss button heads and others were 8.8 hex heads. From feedback I have gotten the ss button heads are way too soft and break easily. The 8.8 bolts are lasting around 400 miles for another rider. I now have some 10.9 and 12.9 harder bolts to test.

Also drilled a few bars out for m8 or 5/16" bolts to test as well. For those that have the initial bolts I sent don't even bother with them. Pick up some harder ones or reach out to me for harder ones. I will update this thread as I get more feedback.

As for EPS equipped units. One customer said getting the the orignal out took some force with a hammer, but he got it out. He said my 1/2" diameter bar went in with no issue. Some prototypes went out had a 5/8" mid section, so can't confirm that those go in with no issue on EPS sled.
Sent you a p.m.

My entire hill is now a brown marsh which typically doesn't happen until April so unless we decide to trailer 10 hours away (minimum) we won't get a real test in until next season.

My entire hill is now a brown marsh which typically doesn't happen until April so unless we decide to trailer 10 hours away (minimum) we won't get a real test in until next season.
I’m supposed to be in Kap right now but I’m in Cuba instead, this winter has been a total f show with literally nowhere in Ontario to reliably ride.

Back