• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery Life

saltr

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RS Venture GT
Hello All. I have a 2009 RS Venture GT with original AGM Battery. What is the average life expectancy in your experiences? Thinking of changing it out this season. Thanks!

Use a battery tender. If you don't, you will only get a couple years out of your battery. I leave an Optimate on mine all summer. They are one of the best, really smart chargers out there and are known for bringing batteries back from the dead if not too far gone. If you do this, you should get 5 years out of a battery with little trouble.

Thanks All. I do use a battery tender on demand type. I guess I am on borrowed time, time to change it out. Any tricks to loosening clamps on air box rubber flanges? Thanks!.

I have an 06 apex the original battery went bad at the beginning of last year , my riding buddy has an 07 Apex (orig battery) went dead this year. Another guy we know went through 3 batteries on an 07 Apex . He charges with a tender almost 24/7 I charge with a tender for a few days in the summer and in the fall only. But , keep doing whatever works for you. My ' 10 Vector has the original battery...... knock knock knock

mine is an '08 and still on original battery. I charge with a battery tender in the Fall and occasionally through the riding season. still seems good as new, no issues since day one....The sled has never really sat out overnight during winter except one overnight trip. Always started from heated garage, wondering if this has prolonged the life but thinking I am just one of the lucky ones. I was waiting to see if symptoms would begin to surface of end of left but none to speak of thus far...Makes it more difficult to decide when it's been this good, I guess it's just time to do it. hopefully I don't get a dud that lasts two years...

I've heard that one of the first symptoms of a weak battery in a Vector is a cooked stator. I don't know if it's true or if this applies to an Apex but it's worth thinking about

Back