• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Special battery charger required???

Silver4

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 RST90D Venture 973 cc carbs
Shocked in the manual to read that a normal (car) battery charger can not be used with my 2013 RS venture sled. Is this true???

I would say no, but will also say you should not charge at a high rate either.

No! Usually use any charger at a 2 amp trickle on all my toys. However, need special charger for lithium batteries.

any charger that you can lock it into a 2 amp or maintainer charge level would be ok for a sled battery. i use a 2-3 amp charger all the time on everything i own. only haul the big one out when the battery is stone dead in the truck or car and the boost pack is run down.

Lower the amps, the better. 2A is the best for these small batteries.

My Yamaha dealer told me that the very first charge on the factory battery for Yamaha which is Yuasa needs to be put on a very low amp charger, he had to buy this type of charger for the batteries that are in the Yamaha machines he sells, simply just using a basic 2 amp trickle charger found at your local automotive store will charge your Yuasa battery but you will not get the full life and charge out of your battery, that is why it states that in your manual, I have got close to 10 years out of a Yuasa battery in my Atv which I use for plowing, I did alot of winching when using the plow over the years, so if it was a lie to me its a lie to you.

Back