• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt temperatur in display

Psycho Dave

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
2021 Arctic Cat Riot X
1986 Aktiv Karibo
I don't know if this has been posted before, but here is a video showing a Arctic Cat Alpha One that has belt temperature displayed in the display.

Start at 4:24

So now the question is, how is it done and how can we mount it and get it flashed in our displays.

Thumb warmer temp also?
Nice shop

That would be good to know so you could back off the throttle on big tunes , but they should have just come up with more ventilation to the belt all the time

That seems very generic and I dont see a lot of value in that. In order to be useful we would need some sort of monitoring and reporting to be able to trend belt temp and when if the belt blew or had an issue. This would help to under stand ambient temp, ave temp, high/low temp etc. I have added a great deal of ventilation this year hoping it helps to keep everything under wraps running cooler.

With alittle more stability in the single rail , that thing would gobble bumps on trails ... only draw back would be hard flat corners

25551980_1904586672901994_6490878683576815816_n.jpg

25550164_1904586669568661_6634794027998071646_n.jpg

Great idea,wish my sled had that!

Wouldn't work on a Sidewinder, first blown belt and its gone along with the guard and panels. LOL!
and that sensor looks like it would pick up under hood heat before any belt heat being that far away. Seems odd.

I do like seeing the multi-step thumb and hand heaters on the gauges for '19...like doos have.

Dan

and that sensor looks like it would pick up under hood heat before any belt heat being that far away. Seems odd.

I do like seeing the multi-step thumb and hand heaters on the gauges for '19...like doos have.

Dan

That looks like a directional sensor that would only look down at the belt.
Maybe Allen knows more.

We've used some in the elevator trade & they were pretty accurate.
Even if it wasn't accurate, you may be able to see a trend or even "hotter then normal" that could help save a belt.
This could aid in tuning. I wouldn't have to take my panel off every stop to check with my Fluke Temp Gun.

It's a thermistor and the belt will blow direct heat on it. These are pretty accurate. But who's going to be watching the gauge when they are pouring the power to it and looking at the next corner.

Mountain guys put extreme pressure & loads on their belts because they are running wide open under load the whole time. Even with clutches perfectly tuned they blow a LOT of belts.
They may be able to glance at it & say "it's time to whoa up for a minute Dude". ...... Cuz that's how they talk.

BTW: Mountain guys don't have corners.

Back