• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

best aftermarket ski for the sidewinder

Ive run Curve's and the Yamaha Mountain Skis on 17/18 Sidewinder L-TX LE 137s and now the SRX. This season im running the mountain skis, they're cheaper then the curves and have far less steering effort.

The curves were slightly more precise and confident feeling but it came with the cost of increased steering effort. So far im quite happy with these Yamaha Mountain Skis.

I have put the cat skis on with aggressive snow trackers I now love the handling on this sled. steering effort went way down and it is on rails. reminds me of my 07 apex with snow trackers minus the inside ski lift. not as easy as power steering on my 12 apex with snow trackers but defiantly good enough.

Ive run Curve's and the Yamaha Mountain Skis on 17/18 Sidewinder L-TX LE 137s and now the SRX. This season im running the mountain skis, they're cheaper then the curves and have far less steering effort.

The curves were slightly more precise and confident feeling but it came with the cost of increased steering effort. So far im quite happy with these Yamaha Mountain Skis.
What carbides and length are you running? Did they bolt on with all the existing SRX mounts and bolts?

What type of carbides did you have? Did you use the Leading Edge attachments too?

i have used the pilot 6.9s and they handle very well. i was thinking about running duallys on center ski and single on outer ski anyone try this set up. i have run the woody slim jims on the skis previously

I ended up with the Yamaha Mountain ski. Tried C&As, second choice, and pilots. Not a fan of the dual carbide set up. Too much push in the orders. Oddly enough the new Stryke ski has a similar deep keel that the Mountain skis have. I'll try those out this year.
Ran the snowtrackers with all of them just to have a fair comparison. The Mountain Skis are great with the snowtrackers. No darting, minimal steering effort(not quite as good as the power steering, but close) and great floatation. No push in the corners.
I did go to a heavier progressive rate spring in the front skid shock. Helped keep the front end up better.
Ran that set up for 4 years now and it was great.

Old thread but the last time I posted I had just bought a Sidewinder. I pulled the Tuners immediately and put on those Curves I had on my Attak. I always had this nervous side to side subtle but irritating twitch on my Attak with those, turns out that nervous twitch followed to my Sidewinder.

I ended up selling them and picked up a nice set of SLP Mohawks and I really liked those.

Knowing what I know all these years later, I would choose Mohawks or Pilots for a Winder. I don’t know about the Cat skis, probably ok or the new Stryke skis….not sure?

Back