• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best method for removing rust from track clips?

ApexXTX/Viper

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX, 2018 Viper LTX
I use Nevr Dull. It works but time consuming. Anyone have a better/quicker solution?

. This confirms it, yammi guys are weird.

I just can't look at 96 rusty clips all summer. Besides, I have a few Rye and Cokes each time I go out to the shed. Great place to "hide" during summer months!

I know I guy on here that goes by OCD. You related?

ones with a lot of rust, i usually just loosen the track off and spin the track while applying dish soap to the clips. then re tension the track and ride the bugger.

Harbor Freight wire brush wheel on a drill.

Are you gonna buff your track clips?
That's not OCD.
OCD is dreaming about riding all year & posting on TY in July.
Buffing your track clips is more like............................................well just ANAL

I just can't look at 96 rusty clips all summer. Besides, I have a few Rye and Cokes each time I go out to the shed. Great place to "hide" during summer months!
Not sure where you last rode but I always rinse my sled (from running boards down) with fresh water before letting it sit for long periods of time. If you spent any time riding ditches or on shoulders of roads that might explain rust. At least here in MN, all that snow in the ditch and on shoulders of road has salt in it! Even if the ditch has 3-4 ft of snow in it - there's lots of salt mixed with snow.

Back