• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Better snow flap?

birdmayon

Expert
Anyone know of a better snowflap? I cut the bottom off mine cause it was chewed up, but then started reading about potential cooling issues. Looking at the side profile of the original uncut yami flap, the bottom section of the flap actually tips back away from the sled. I have a hard time believing that this little flap extension defects any snow back into the tunnel, the angles just don't work out that way. If you look at cat or doo flaps, the bottom edge curves back toward the track, much more likely to deflect additional snow back into the tunnel. Anyone ever try to fit one of these flaps on a nytro? Also, was checking out the skinz flex flap, besides the crazy high price, they don't show pics of the side profile. I've only seen one review, on this site, and it wasn't positive.

I think you will be fine, agree with your logic. If in doubt put snow on running boards, works well for me in refreeze

Limited snow conditions.

I trimmed mine so I can reverse while on the sled without eating the flap on the 06 Apex

merry Christmas

Yamadoo

Have you looked at getting a snowflap saver from tricked-toys.com?

yamadoo said:
I think you will be fine, agree with your logic. If in doubt put snow on running boards, works well for me in refreeze

Limited snow conditions.

I trimmed mine so I can reverse while on the sled without eating the flap on the 06 Apex

merry Christmas

Yamadoo

Nytros dont have coolers on the running boards.... most of its cooling comes from the rad

yam429 said:
Have you looked at getting a snowflap saver from tricked-toys.com?
yes! I have, but I'd need a new flap too point is, I don't think an uncut stock flap offers any advantage over what I've got ( except for people behind me). I'd like a longer flap that is more effective at aiding cooling, plus flap savers.

yamadoo said:

Limited snow conditions.

merry Christmas

Yamadoo

Don't think his apex has coolers under the running boards either. :jump:

nickleuci said:
yamadoo said:

Limited snow conditions.

merry Christmas

Yamadoo

Don't think his apex has coolers under the running boards either. :jump:

I think Apexs do have runnig board mounted cooler from the factory....their system loops around like the SRX did.

Back