• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bleeding Cooling System

Guys

Just installed a rear heat exchanger on my wifes 08 Vector and wondered if anyone has any tips on the bleeding procedure. The rear exchanger itself has a bleed screw as did the pipe I removed.

Thanks in advance!

Raise the rear of the sled off the ground, and losen the bleed screw at the rear. Fill coolant until you get a good stream coming from the bled screw. Once no more air is coming out, tighten screw, lower sled and make sure resevoir is filled to the proper level.

When you are finished let the motor idel and make shure both heat exchangers under the runing boards get warm that way you know the water is going around .Just ran my 05 vector this weekend with a new rear exchanger it worked great !

Where did you purchase your heat exchanger?

Hi, I'm looking to buy a rear exchanger for my Vector. Someone here gave me name of a dealer and I've been shopping around before I buy to make sure the price is okay.

As far as the bleed procedure, maybe you've already done it; but as someone stated you have to raise the back of the machine, but it still has to be a little lower than the reservoir, otherwise gravity makes the antifreeze flow to the front of the machine and you end up sucking air in when you open the bleed screw in the rear. I found out the hard way-ha-ha.

Thanks

Pioneer Perfomance sells the heat exchanger but-

I thought I would try to buy the rear heat exchanger locally, so I called Yamaha dealer near my home and didn't get much help. They said the rear exchanger was not a optional part for 06 Vectors and they didn't know which of the ones available for newer machines would fit my sled. Maybe someone knows, otherwise I'll go with Pioneer.
If anyone knows the Yamaha part number for the rear exchanger that fits the o6 vector, that would be a big help.
Venture2

Here's info straight off a 2007 Yamaha Technical Update

"All 2003-2007 four stroke models with 121 and 144 inch track-EXCEPT PHAZER
use Part Number 8ET-RHECR-KT-00

"03-04 RX10M, 04-05 RXW10 (not recommended with studs) and 05 RSG90 with 136 and 151 inch track (also not recommended with studs)-EXCEPT PHAZER
use part number 8EP-RHECR-KT-00

Hope this helps!

I have a 2005 Vector. Has anyone ever bled the carb heater bleeder? The manual says to bleed that screw but I haven't gotten any air or coolant out. All exchangers seem to be warm though.

I have a 2005 Vector. Has anyone ever bled the carb heater bleeder? The manual says to bleed that screw but I haven't gotten any air or coolant out. All exchangers seem to be warm though.

HOLY BACK FROM THE DEAD POST LOL

Are you having problems with it overheating? As for the heated carbs, I've always left the valve on. The minor performance gain in warmer temps by turning them off was negligible.

No just had to drain it to replace tensioner and decided to replace all coolant and t/stat. I never moved to valve since new it's always been on. I haven't driven it yet since work performed. I read somewhere that you wont get anything out of that bleeder which didn't make sense to me but I don't remember where I read it for further reference.
Thought I would continue this post rather than start a new one.

Back