• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown ignition fuse

1975FA

Expert
My 08 rtx is blowing ignition fuses. I suspect I have a spot in my wiring harness worn bare. Is there any common suspect areas to look first. I have read about this issue on this forum. Thought I'd post this while I'm waiting for my buddy to comeand haul the sled and me home.​

Follow the harness over the tank, I have had rubs thru under the bar riser as the harness goes over the tank area.
Ok, I found it right under the handle bars. There is a metal edge that cut into 2 wires of the harness. I'm going to do some solder and heat shrink tubing in the morning. The trail tank puts a lot of pressure on the harness. Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, I found it right under the handle bars. There is a metal edge that cut into 2 wires of the harness. I'm going to do some solder and heat shrink tubing in the morning. The trail tank puts a lot of pressure on the harness. Thanks for the quick response.

Good job!!

Back