• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BLW Turbo anyone? Need input

Looking for someone to provide a real review on the Brown Leisure World turbos. Does anyone have one or know someone that does?

I have a Push on my XTX and the fit and finish is seriously OEM quality and the install is really pretty damn simple. Probably not as easy as the Hurricane though. My only complaint was the need for larger injectors that were not part of the kit when I bought it (now they are included). I don't have a ton of miles on it yet, maybe 600 or so but it has performed perfectly. The one long trip I took it on I never even had to take off the right side cover. Like I said, the only issue was the lean AFR at WOT from the stock injectors. I stressed over which kit to buy and researched them all in depth.

The reasons I did not go with the Hurricane is I did not like the air intake location right next to the turbo/muffler and no ceramic coating. I was really close to buying this kit and I am sure I would have been very happy with it and Dave has some top notch customer service.

The reasons I did not go with the MPI are-
1) The install is over the top way too involved considering it is just an air to air CAC (or none at all).
2) I will never understand the reasoning behind moving the thermostat housing/oil separator to the complete opposite side of the sled. The whole thing just does not look OEM quality. I am very picky so this matters to me.
3) I much prefer the PC fuel controller to the GEMS.
4) No ceramic coating.

I don't know if the BLoW is the same as the Push but it sure looks like it is. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for the input. I asked around about putting in the bigger injectors and was told that as long as I keep the boost set at 5 which I plan to, I shouldn't have any issues. Were you running your boost higher than that?

Thank you very much for the input. I asked around about putting in the bigger injectors and was told that as long as I keep the boost set at 5 which I plan to, I shouldn't have any issues. Were you running your boost higher than that?

Yes, mine was boosting up to 8psi which is way too much for the stock injectors. I now have larger injectors installed and the boost turned down to 7psi. I would think at 5psi you would have no fueling issues at all with the stockers.

Here are a couple pics of my install-

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

any updates on your turbo system?

Worked awesome all winter with the stock fuel pump, larger injectors, and remapped PVC. Runs AFR's between 12-13 when out of the boost and 10.5-11 when in boost. Have the max boost set at 8psi right now. Fuel mileage is very similar to a stock Viper when trail riding, within 1/2 gal pretty much every re-fuel. The only odd thing with the Push system is the coolant temp runs quite a bit lower than the other Vipers I ride with, usually runs 135deg when trial riding compared to their 165deg... I would assume it has to do with the water/air intercooler pulling more heat out of the coolant when not running a bunch of boost.

What about MCEXPRESS guys?

Back