• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boggie question

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Are these four parallel running bogies necessary?
Can I remove the forward set?
In what way would they affect my sled? Ty....
IMG_20240409_105040190_copy_1536x2048~2.jpg

On my 2016 Viper I removed the wheels that were common with the shock shaft. Put 2 old bearings in their spot to take up the space on the shaft and then added 2 wheels and mounts to the outside in that general loacation.

because of the mounting of the front control arm.... all the dwn wrd force is right where those wheels are, your slides would wear faster if they are removed.... but thats up to you

On my 2016 Viper I removed the wheels that were common with the shock shaft. Put 2 old bearings in their spot to take up the space on the shaft and then added 2 wheels and mounts to the outside in that general loacation.
Yeah, just thought it was redundant.
because of the mounting of the front control arm.... all the dwn wrd force is right where those wheels are, your slides would wear faster if they are removed.... but thats up to you
Ok & understand.

Back