• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOP Heavy Duty Nytro Skid Plate/ Access Panel

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Some of you may have saw these in general thread but figured I'd post it in Nytro section.

We now offer a skid plate to replace they wimpy stock plastic panel. They are $65 each and include mounting hardware. Here are some details.

3/16" 6000 series Aluminum. With no sharp bends in our design we are not required to use a softer series aluminum. 6000 series aluminum makes for a very robust plate!

Removable with out taking lower side panels off.

Solid metal to metal fit up. Plate requires some minor plastic trimming to allow this. The plate serves as a template to mark plastics for trimming so its an easy task with tin snips or a multi tool etc. By not sandwiching plastic it helps ensure the bolts won't loosen up as plastic compresses over time.

Plate has an angled return on front so there is no square edge to catch on objects

Plate extends beyond front heat exchanger to help ensure struck objects won't catch on lower lip of exchanger.

Plate mounts to subframe utilizing threaded clips and bolts. No more plastic push pins!

image.jpg

image.jpg

As you can see in this photo the heat exchanger has some damage from inadequate protection of the factory skid plate. Our plate will prevent this from happening.

Last edited:

Will have these in stock this week.

We made one nice change to the production plates. The plate will come with countersunk holes and screws for a flush finish. This will eliminate any bolt heads to catch on objects.

Just got mine in the mail. Piece looks nice. Thicker than I thought to be honest. Should be very strong, I will update on fitment once I install it.

For those looking to customize their sled we can have these skid plates powdercoated any color for an additional $15.

Hi do you ship to Canada I am looking for a skid plate thanks

Havent installed it yet, I should have it done this week. Theres no snow so I havent been in too much of a rush.
'
As for weight, its aluminum, so not very heavy. Weighs a few pounds more than the stock plastic skid plate, but it actually protects yours sled.

What's the site to go to to order this plate?

I will take a skid plate! Do you still have my info from the track I got from you?

Damn nice bud!!!!

Always thinking of improvements...you rock bud!

Back