• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOV questions on a rx1

srxguy

Expert
Ok guys, I have been out of the game for a little while now, I have a rx1 with a CPR turbo kit on it. I want a BOV, can someone tell me what one I need? Its on low boost most of the time but not always, I want to mount it on the charge tube, can u guys school me on this? What kind? I am looking at a TIAL but not sure what one..thought pls. TY so much

I have the cpr intercooler and this is where I put my Tial 50mm

Attachments

• IMAG0386.jpg
    IMAG0386.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 112
srxguy said:
Ok guys, I have been out of the game for a little while now, I have a rx1 with a CPR turbo kit on it. I want a BOV, can someone tell me what one I need? Its on low boost most of the time but not always, I want to mount it on the charge tube, can u guys school me on this? What kind? I am looking at a TIAL but not sure what one..thought pls. TY so much

Personally I love the free to air BOV woooosh sound is fantastic. Any brand name is more than adequate .... Price seems to be between 170 and 300 from my research.

Barry

So I would need a 50mm? What spring do I need? I guys these are the questions I'm not so sure about. thanks guys

srxguy said:
So I would need a 50mm? What spring do I need? I guys these are the questions I'm not so sure about. thanks guys

Spring is based on boost pressure....depending on what boost you run you match accordingly
Mine came set up for 8-15 ibs and was set up by my turbo guy.

I run 7 to 8 lbs on the trail and around 14 on the lake, do they make a aluminum flange to connect a bov to a 2 inch charge tube? I see most of them are 2.5 inchs

srxguy said:
I run 7 to 8 lbs on the trail and around 14 on the lake, do they make a aluminum flange to connect a bov to a 2 inch charge tube? I see most of them are 2.5 inchs

http://turboxs.com/shop/attachment.php?id_attachment=5

This is the one I got... It fits 2inch pipe. It designed for under 2litre engines with small
To medium turbo. This was recommended to me by the turbo shop I go to.
And it's not $$$ -129.00 cnd.

ghost rider said:
srxguy said:

This is the one I got... It fits 2inch pipe. It designed for under 2litre engines with small
Do you have in installed yet? any pics?

srxguy said:
ghost rider said:
srxguy said:

Do you have in installed yet? any pics?

doing it now… i post pics tonight.

here is my final instal….works like a charm.
I had to cut the spring down by 4 rings as it was far too stiff for 10lbs of boost.
love the sound…..

Barry

Attachments

• BOV.jpg
    BOV.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 99
I have my BOV right in my intake plenum. I don't run an intercooler because i'm only building 6lbs of boost. See the attached photo with it circled in red.

EDIT: My BOV is not open at idle and neither should yours. That's especially strange because at idle there should be vacuum in your intake sucking the valve closed. You might want to make sure it is clean and not sticking open. Mine was kind of gummed up from last year and was really sticky.

Attachments

• front engine.jpg
    front engine.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 98
Most bovs do open at idle. Bovs are hooked to manifold pressure. When the throttle plate closes, intake goes to vCuum and bov opens! Sometimes depends on set up idle vacuum is enough to open the bov.
The ssqv bovs work on rapid pressure change. They are never open under idle or full boost just the change in pressure.

What kinda noise does your bov make thats soo cool?
A single woosh? Or multiple pftt pfftt pffft

Back