• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brake/Caliper Issue...

Lineman735

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX LE
2010 Nytro XTX
I removed the caliper from my sidewinder, split it and blew it out with air, cleaned the surfaces of the pistons and reassembled, I have plenty of fluid coming from the bleeder but no pressure will build up in the lever, no leaks either. If there was any damage to the seals, would there be leaks? I'm after going through 3/4 of a bottle of fluid with no difference in firmness. Thanks

I've bled countless brake systems and wet clutch systems but never one on a sled or atv. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard but from searching I've seen where a lot of members have problems

Yes, just the one is in there I think, kinda countersunk into one halve ?
Yes. Also a copper ring that goes on top where brake line gets bolted down?

Remove cap on brake res on bars.. Fill 3/4.. Pull lever back and slightly open bleed line at the same time.. Then at the same time close the bleeder screw and release brake lever.. then pump the brake several times with bleeder closed.. Watch for air bubbles in Brake res on bars.. Keep pumping .. Then repeat the step above.. I usually only have to do this about 6-8 times..

As stated above plus i have had to loosen master cylinder on bar and level it, fill with fluid cover off and gentle tap side of resovoir with a screwdriver handle and watch the tiny bubbles come up from small ports in bottom of resovoir, then do normal type bleed and repeat this, it will come around!

one more thing.. When you fill the res on bars and are pumping and bleeding.. dont let the level drop to much.. Always want some 1/4 full res at all times..

This may not apply in your case - but you may have air up high in the system by the lever.
You may want to crack that line and the handle bar - same procedure - pump handle, then hold - and crack bolt and quickly tighten.
Then work your way down to the lower bleeder.

I went in circles 2 yrs ago with the system not priming and it was air way up high.
MS

Back