• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broken shock!

I went with zero fox pro when mine blew up. Had it calibrated to my size and riding style. Works great.

Chris Schmidt offered a Fox Pro setup for me and my riding style for around $300. I almost went that direction but got a deal on a Ohlins so I went that directions. I liked the setup I had with the stock shock but wasn't going to take a chance on another failure. The only problem with the Ohlins center shock along with any of the shocks with the reservoir attached to the shock body is that one of the inner idler wheels needs to be removed. It can't be moved to the outside of the rail because the torsion spring will stab the mount. I ran without the wheel and the hyfax wore out in that spot quickly so I made a few modifications to reinstall the wheel.

New mount for more clearance

Getting a price from my dealer on a fox zero pro, that looks like a pretty good option so far. Then I'll have my rear rebuilt Lot possibly buy zero pros for both shocks in the rear? If I get a good price on the center shock I might just buy the rear also, have a new set of shocks and be good to go. What do you guys think of going that direction? That fear of another failure is in the back of my mind also Grizz.

Back