• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Build plans for the off season.

GPApex

So with another summer fast approaching I find myself dreaming of this summers build. My sled to date is very stock, but i plan on changing that over the summer months. Im going with a challenger extream 162/16 with 2.5" paddles, Timbersled rear skid, 4" drop brackets and a 2 wheel kit with 8" billits. :Rockon:
Chargers are still to much for my budget, but I think this will be a good start.
Anyone else plan on doing some updates this summer? :drink:

off season

looks like a good start,i am going to make some steering parts out of chromolly,get rid of the heavy steel shafts,and was ratcheting last ride,so drivers are a must and the challenger extream will be included,prolly new bulkhead bushings as well.

Firstly and most important improvement im going to make is watch lots of videos so i can hopefully leech some riding tips from the TV so it looks like i know what the hell im doing.

timbersled rear suspension
reverse install
parking brake delete
riser
DIY snowmobile lift
handguards
safety kill switch
fix lots of broken plastic bits
DIY replace plastic suspension bushings
DIY 2 sled storage rack
DIY reinforce lower a-arm bulkhead mount
skid/bash plate
a-arm guards
taller strap
replace hyfax
DIY homemade scratchers
larger aluminum rear wheels
remove all other trackwheels
DIY homemade drop brackets

Thats about all i can think of right now.
Oh yeah, and i'll probably change the oil too.

ahh yes the videos come in handy even if its just dreaming:)
My summer/winter program is;

Install
boss seat
betterboards
yoshi rs-3 pipe
new hand grips
timbersled front a-arms
remove lightpod
custom make new hood
add hid lights
new mountain strap
airbox mod
add power commander 3
take a big breath
try not to get shot my the wife.

:die

"shot by wife" ...LOL

YES...this will be the first thing to avoid...the wifes angry looks,gun shots or stabbings...LOL.
>>
My list starts like this:
Track= PowerClaw or Extreme 174...undecided....lighter faster track speed or longer slower but more foot print...opinions?
Custom boards with edge coolers
K-Mod skid Carbon fiber 9" wheels, Hyperfax
Diamond S or Polycarbonate hood ... undecided
Wild Child steering stem, RSI bars/grips/risers/strapp
MPI a-arms, spindles, Oil lite bushings
Excell header & donuts
Power Commander
Remove radiator
Remove ebrak
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now how to explain the importance of these items to the spouse and live to ride when there done.......I might not get them all but if you show them a BIG list then they'll easily compromise for a few things...... ;)! Works like a charm!

my wifes sled..

it will have to wait..its turkey season :jump: :die ..her attack is getting..
V E boondocking tunnel..
timber tamer rear suspention
ice age rails
extreme 162
6 inche riser
G-2s
hartman clutch
hyperfax
billett 8 inche 2 wheel rear kit
no mods to the motor..we like the turn the key thing..

That sounds like my idea of fun!
I have a flatbed trailer that can fit up to 4 sleds if we pack em well, and a truck to pull it with.

Lets do it.

if you all come to utah hit me up i will show you around :Rockon: btw we recieved another 12 inches last night and another storm is on the way there saying another 12 to 24 in the mtns

http://www.powdermountain.com/ we ride on this mountain but not at the resort we should be good here till late april

Back