• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bye bye Apex hello Nytro xtx

kkraus, I'm not gonna get into a pissing match here and destroy this guys thread! Never once did I say the XTX was perfect or that it was the fastest thing on snow! The XTX is an awesome machine that has a few minor quibbles! Like stewartb has done here, he's taken the advice on here as have many others and addressed his issues! All I told him at the end of my post was to take it out and ride it so he can evaluate it for himself. This is what I did and honest to goodness I'm not bothered by even half of the things that some other guys are! Some of the things I've dealt with thanks to the help of this site! Let's not turn another honest thread into more negative bickering! For the record, this is not brand loyal posting either. This is my first Yammi and I'm very happy with it, that's all! Peace!

I agree, I simply wanted to let a guy know the little quibbles I had with mine and to make him aware what he was getting into. (I wish I knew that before hand but the XTX was a new model) I like this site as well and have learned some stuff as I have shared some ideas as well. It just seems the minute a guy says something negative about a particular model everyone chimes in as says that theres is the greatest and I must have a bad one. If you knew me you would know I like my stuff perfect and won't settle for second best. And FYI, Yamaha does look at this site and if they have the rose colored glasses on and everything is great, nothing is going to get fixed next year. I fixed the things I didn't like but like I said I wanted to give my opinion to the new guys looking at this sled and what they were getting into. TRUCE?

stewartb said:
kkrause,

My comment wasn't directed at you. Complaining seems to be a major theme of this site. But in between there's some really good info.

Bent subframes, bad handwarmers, tunnel ice, oil in the airbox, bad skis, weak A arms, bad hyfax, wet left foot, etc., etc.

I had concerns. I addressed them. The positive attributes of my machines have prevailed and now I'm a happy owner. In fact I'm off in a moment for another three days of riding. And thanks to a few guys on this site? I've solved some issues that would have frustrated me without their help. That's what it's all about.

Cheers.

Stewart

Your Right Complaning is an issue

I had an Attak and now have an XTX and love it. The stock skis aren't bad, but I bought a set of Yamaha mountain skis - best $200.00 I've ever spent. I just got back from a 100 mile ride in the White Mountains in Alaska and am more impressed everyday. It does great on the trail, good in the powder, and handles moguls so well I tend to scare myself since I end up going way too fast. The only other mod I plan to do is block of the rear exhaust - it's cheap and should help with tunnel iceing. I think you'll love your new sled.

Well i went and picked the xtx up today only problem is the snow is thin at the moment due to a few days of warm temps. I was going to ride it for the rest of the season and make changes over the summer. I need studs around here due to ice and hills. How long can i go 1.450?? Im 240lbs do i need the big boy spring?. My favorite riding is up north where the apex was a blast but for the most part i ride around my house in southern NH where the trails are rough. I just never got to use the top end of the Apex so I thought a better bump handling sled was in order. Thus the XTX

Back