• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you weld broken frame rails?

guardrail

Lifetime Member
I was replacing my sliders when I noticed my frame rails are cracked above the bolt holes on the rear arm. Can these be welded for a temporary fix?

Yes, its to bad your so far we could weld them for you at our shop we specialize in alum welding!

Just try to find a good aluminum welder in your area and get them done better than new.

apltx08 said:
Yes, its to bad your so far we could weld them for you at our shop we specialize in alum welding!

Just try to find a good aluminum welder in your area and get them done better than new.

A bunch of my friends are iron workers, I'll be calling them in the morning!

Thanks

I am having the same problem with mine now .Both rails seem to be cracked in the same place as everybody else's.I have a 1,000+ mile trip planned for next week and no time or extra money to fix these.Does anyone think I should take the risk of riding with the cracked rails. :o|

Same problem on my RX1. I am pulling to have welded. Dealer told me that they are hard to weld and need to be done in special gas filled chamber?
Never heard of that.
Bruce

special gas

polarisconvert said:
Same problem on my RX1. I am pulling to have welded. Dealer told me that they are hard to weld and need to be done in special gas filled chamber?
Never heard of that.
Bruce
i think your dealer is smokin some of that special gas
lol

its called argon

polarisconvert said:
Never heard of that.
Bruce
lol dealer likes his crack too much!I weld everyday and all you use is Argon.

Titanium is the metal that you need to weld in a gas filled chamber. The rails weld easy, add gussets or if they crack at the rear idler holes like mine did weld them then make some large backing plates to take place of the washers, for more support

Back