• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadians & battery

Its is amazing the power in the 15 lb lighter lithium!
Ok, well....I'll have to give it a try. Says 3x longer life. So that's 21yrs. Haha. I'm just playin'.
Pulled 13.29v on DVOM

Last edited:
I bought a 100ah battery for my trolling motor. The thing weighs 19lbs, the battery it is replacing weighs 65lbs. It will also run longer, so smaller, more capacity, lighter.. win, win, win.

Question....has anyone successfully tried to jump one of these batteries with a jump pack.
I hear the possibilities of other critical components can get damaged during he process.

Any questions or concerns?
IMG_20231102_090412408_BURST000_COVER_TOP_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Question....has anyone successfully tried to jump one of these batteries with a jump pack.
I hear the possibilities of other critical components can get damaged during he process.

There is a section on jump starting

I'm going on season #8 with the original battery. Turned on ignition and the display showed 11.3v. It's time.
I look to you guys as I know you are battle tested, riding in the harshes environment.
Most of your days start & ride in the sub 0°F temps.
So, which battery keeps you guys going?
Thank you..... Joe
Note: looking at Earth X etz14c. Does it require a special charger?
Exact same for me, 8th season on a 17 Sidewinder, I keep it on charge until season starts... if I need to replace it I'll definitely go with the same battery.
I ride in North of Quebec City and it gets really cold... never had an issue with the oem battery.

I have a question - where is the direct connection to fuel pump relay? See this link: https://boostkinetics.com/shop/ols/...0-998t-external-fuel-pump-harness-relay-turbo
Hmmm....good call, I don't see that either. Haha! Ill get that going and move my return line as well. I already have grommet & elbow. While on this subject is there a plug & play pump upgrade I would consider? Ya know, Christmas is just around the corner. Thanks, Turboflash
Exact same for me, 8th season on a 17 Sidewinder, I keep it on charge until season starts... if I need to replace it I'll definitely go with the same battery.
I ride in North of Quebec City and it gets really cold... never had an issue with the oem battery.
Oem has been so good to me. I keyed up the sled and noticed 11.3v and said to myself,"well, I guess its time" When I pulled the battery today it tested out at 12.3v. Which is better, but I knew it was time anyway.
If you own a DVOM You can pull the positive wire off the battery And load test it. Need to pull the fuel pump fuse. If the battery pulls under 10.8v or so, its probably due. Especially in those temps you ride in. If you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

Back