• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cant clear codes

johnketch

Expert
wwhen i hold the buttons for 8 sec. and turn the key on
i get a d1 display if i scroll down to 62 and push the hand warmer button nothing happens
what am i doing wrong
i have a code 42 and 84, fixed jackshaft bearing last year because of the code 42
not shure why i have a code 84

yes it was unhooked all summer
I realy need help here, i want to sell this one and get a newer one
cant do that wiyh a yellow light flashing on the guages

From all the errors that I have dealt with on the Apex, the error code will only go away when the problem is fixed... I have never had to clear the codes.

Maybe that speed sensor is bad.

Have you driven it since the bearing change? It was the drive shaft bearing not the jack shaft??

you mention the jack shaft bearing but that one will not throw any codes the drive shaft will as the speed sensor is reading from next to that one.

it is the lower one behind the secondary near the floor boards.

yes the lower one behind the secondary is the one i changed
but i rode it last year after the new bearing, speedo worked fine
i did have some acceleration issues last year with the tors but it ran fine most of the time

yes the lower one behind the secondary is the one i changed
but i rode it last year after the new bearing, speedo worked fine
i did have some acceleration issues last year with the tors but it ran fine most of the time

Those are both the codes Tors and Speed Sensor:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/attachments/fault-codes-jpg.77941/

You can bypass the TORS and that should drop that code... but that speed sensor maybe was damaged and it finally went. Unless you have a pinched wire... or the throttle cable is too tight, that would thro the TORS code.

In the harness where the grips plug in , there is a 2 plugs that looks similar to the plug on the 12 volt accessory outlet. There is one in white and one in black plastic, you unplug those and plug them into each other, they are the only plug that will mate. I am not at home or I would be able to tell you the wire colors. Maybe someone else can step in on this.

Is the little gear still on the shaft at the drive shaft bearing?

I had a similar problem once. TORS can be set off when the computer does not sense a proper speed sensor reading.

Bad speed sensor can set off a code 84. Code 84 will stop the engine from revving past clutch engagement. The problem is that even once the speed sensor is fixed the computer wont recognize that the sensor is fixed until the speed sensor reads a speed. Since the code 84 will stop the clutch from engaging you are kind of stuck.

Try putting the sled on a stank and spinning the track fast enough to get the speed sensor to pick up a speed.

This is what I had to do when I lost the gear and code 42 caused a code 84.

Is the little gear still on the shaft at the drive shaft bearing?

I had a similar problem once. TORS can be set off when the computer does not sense a proper speed sensor reading.

Bad speed sensor can set off a code 84. Code 84 will stop the engine from revving past clutch engagement. The problem is that even once the speed sensor is fixed the computer wont recognize that the sensor is fixed until the speed sensor reads a speed. Since the code 84 will stop the clutch from engaging you are kind of stuck.

Try putting the sled on a stank and spinning the track fast enough to get the speed sensor to pick up a speed.

This is what I had to do when I lost the gear and code 42 caused a code 84.

i have riden the sled since i fixed the bearing
problem might be the gear ate into the senser and it might be too far away or shorted
going tear into it again this eav.

just fix the free play in throtle cable I think bypassing it is dangerous enough when you do it to your self but to bypass it and sell to someone else is not good at all. if you fix the free play in the cable it will stop that code.

Back