• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cant get oil system to prime afer engine install

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Finally started her up today but I have a problem with the oil system.

I did the procedure where you add 2 qts, block off the smallest line on the tank and blow some air into the tank, I then added 1 qt and it was still low so I had to add another Qt, so there are 4 qts in the engine oil system now.

I cannot get the system to circulate its just stagnent oil in the tank. Its also below E like it could use another qt!

Help me out I have blow into it about 12-15 times now and its not doing anything to help the oil just sits time after time. Thanks!

:rocks:

remove the return lines from the top of the oil tank and have someone hold them in a pail or jug. plug off fittings on top of tank and pressurize tank thru filler hole. other person turns key to turn motor. i would disconnect coils when doing this to avoid starting engine. oil should pump out top lines into jug. 4 quarts is allready a bit too much so once it pumps some into jug you should be good to go.

oil purge

make shur you do not have lines crossed on the top of the tank , or it will drain the tank dry.......small shot of air to tank 2-3 psi will open check valve ,needs a little pres against it also install a pres gauge if you can should be about 60 psi cold will drop as it warms up fastsled

Did you add .2 liters to the valve cover filler hole????????? This needs to be done only with a engine rebuild... Never with a normal oil change.. MM.

Nope I didn't add to the valve cover, I pulled the engine only to repair the water pump so I didn't open it up. Just finally getting around to hooking it up and firing her.

The hoses are on the same way as before I just can't figure out where 4 QTS went.

I saw the oil circulate for about 2 seconds right away but then stop, and now 15 times later with the air trick I get no circulation.

So is it safe to assume I have a lot of oil in the crankcase and its not doing any harm running for short periods of time?

Although I suppose if the pump is not pumping the top of the engine coudl be dry?

i havent read all that is written here, but so u got oil in tank, loose oilfilter and blow in tank until oil comes from filterposition than mount filter and fill oil in oiltank and start engine and se if u get circulation :4STroke: :4STroke:

airbubble can do stupid things in suction line from tank.

just be kidly with pressure in tank.. :drink:

BVER FEVER said:
MadMax said:
Did you add .2 liters to the valve cover filler hole????????? This needs to be done only with a engine rebuild... Never with a normal oil change.. MM.
Why not with a normal oil change?? :dunno:

It states that in the owners manual.... I read it verrrrrrrrrrrrry carefully before my first oil change..MM.

kinger said:
So is it safe to assume I have a lot of oil in the crankcase and its not doing any harm running for short periods of time?

Although I suppose if the pump is not pumping the top of the engine coudl be dry?

I wonder if you took out the allen head drain bolt by the filter it would drain the extra oil out... MM.

I'll try disconnecting the coils and cranking the engine to see if I can get some cirulation. I will report back, thanks everyone so far, any other tips keep them coming!

Back