• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cant get oil system to prime

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
I haven't started it yet but I did the fill tank with 2 qts, then add quick 2-3 second blast of compressed air to open the check valve and get the oil to the pump, then add another qt. All it did was aerate the oil and its over full now with 3 qts in the tank and not sure how much made it to the engine. Any other options?

There will be very little in the engine when the sled is not running. The way to properly add oil after an oil change is add 3 qts the the dry sump. Start and run for a few minutes. Turn off, let sit a few more minutes. Remove fill stick, set stick back into sump, do not tighten. Then check oil level. From there add oil to desired safe operating level as shown on stick.

Well that worked like a charm, the oil level went below the E now, so i know I got it in the engine. does anybody know how much it takes when its empty? I put in 3 qts and its below the E line and just over the sensor cylinder. Thanks guys!

Back