• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat/Yamacat windshields

YamaSpark

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR VIPER S-TX 137 DX
Does anyone know if Cat & Yamacat windshields are interchangeable? Or are there slight differences?

Interchangeable

I spent some time comparing pics of comparable Cat and Yamaha sleds (yes, I know, I need to get a life), and it turns out that there are some slight differences between the windshields on many of them. My Viper STX-DX has a big azz windshield (ugly, but warm) that is almost identical to the one on the same year Pantera, except the Viper one hangs slightly lower and mounts differently towards the rear.
The reason for all of this research is, the STX-DX windshield is backordered (probably forever), but the Pantera one is in stock. I'll probably just buy the Pantera one and make it work!

Last edited:
spent some time comparing pics of comparable Cat and Yamaha sleds (yes, I know, I need to get a life), and it turns out that there are some slight differences between the windshields on many of them. My Viper STX-DX has a big azz windshield (ugly, but warm) that is almost identical to the one on the same year Pantera, except the Viper one hangs slightly lower and mounts differently towards the rear.
What you said is true but, Yammi streamlined the product and no longer incorporates the Viper back end that drops down and attaches to the hood. They make them all to fit the Sidewinder and Viper the same way. Kinda sucks cause that deflector had a nice purpose.

What you said is true but, Yammi streamlined the product and no longer incorporates the Viper back end that drops down and attaches to the hood. They make them all to fit the Sidewinder and Viper the same way. Kinda sucks cause that deflector had a nice purpose.
Well, that's a bummer. The original deflector style worked great. Oh, well, I'll just need to add another layer under my jacket!
Thanks for the information.

Back