• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Catalyst 998t rumours

No, its narrower by quite a bit. Wouldn't be so bad, but the twin cylinder four-strokes sound sooooo bad. My old 1100 turbo was fast once tuned, but sounded horrible and was not much fun to ride, but that could be the fact the other problems they had in the chassis department with handling, ride and reliability problems driveline. I absolutely hated the Z1 and the 2012 I had with the 1100 in them.

The more cylinders the better they are, width be damed. I'll take a boosted four-cylinder Apex engine with the sweet under driven and cushioned output shaft please! This is the answer for all clutch and belt issues and so much easier on the driveline. Easily worth the added cost and little bit of weight going to the Apex engine by the time you put what's needed into the 998 to make it reliable in the clutching and driveline components.
I agree. My 300hp 1100 was fast enough, pulled like freight train, but sounded like modified Cub Cadet tractor. YUCK !

Back