• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski scratchers for catalyst.

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
So, I usually use the Doo tunnel scratcher that mount on the suspension bolt/and or plate that bolt goes through and absolutely love them but this new Catalyst I think im going to go off the skis. They definitely have way more heat exchanger surface on this Catalyst, but I ride alot at the but a$$ crack of dawn on hard pack Not seeing a decent place to mount up the DOO ones and not going to mess around with the new design in that area. . I do not want rail mounted scratchers.. So looking for SKI scratchers that you have used and like... Anyone know about these or use them? Thanks Jon

Even if i could get past the risk of having something attached to the ski, I would miss the convenience of being able to just reach back and drop the tunnel mounted scratchers.

Even if i could get past the risk of having something attached to the ski, I would miss the convenience of being able to just reach back and drop the tunnel mounted scratchers.
For sure.. We run those Doo on all our sleds and they just WORK.. But After seeing the bracket and area where we mount them im going to try ski..

For sure.. We run those Doo on all our sleds and they just WORK.. But After seeing the bracket and area where we mount them im going to try ski..
At least the mounting point is close to the pivot point. Looks like a good system.

Jon just keep in mind how those dig and the direction of the debris. I had some on my skis and the paint on the spindles really took a beating

They were the cable type.. I contemplated mounting them further away from the ski like on the A-arm, but I opted to put them under the running board which worked really well. The head of the bolt was basically under my boot. Just have to make sure to use locktite as they can loosen up without it.

Nothing I hate more is a chipped up a arm and paint missing.. The touch up paint just is not like new paint.. Thinner.. You gave me something to consider.. Thanks

Between the lines designs has some really nice rail mounts for the dura-flex scratchers.

I have ski scratchers and never thought they did much of anything. You'd think it would work better up front, but I'm seeing otherwise. Not worth a crap what I've seen. I have the old Hartman ones which look similar.

I bought the cable scratchers for the rear suspension after seeing my buds ProCross work really well with them last season and my Hartman ski scratchers a complete fail for the Winder.

Most of the time, I only need one of these Duraflex down they work so good. I also have their accessory hangars.
1702918965196.jpeg

Most of the time, I only need one of these Duraflex down they work so good. I also have their accessory hangars.
View attachment 174645
Rail mounted? I just hear of so many having damage from these style mounts.. I have never been a fan of the cable style... Looking at the heat exchangers on this catalyst I may not need them.. I keep telling myself this but I know of no sled that runs on early morning hard pack without over heating? Maybe the wifes 2012 570 fan? LOL.. That was a good machine actually.. pooch but good runner.

Rail mounted? I just hear of so many having damage from these style mounts.. I have never been a fan of the cable style... Looking at the heat exchangers on this catalyst I may not need them.. I keep telling myself this but I know of no sled that runs on early morning hard pack without over heating? Maybe the wifes 2012 570 fan? LOL.. That was a good machine actually.. pooch but good runner.
This is an early pic. To keep scratcher end from hitting rail, I just strategically installed rectangular piece of UHMW onto rail. Done. No damage done at all to rail or surrounding. I can see where scratcher carbide end has hit UHMW.

I run paint protection film on both A arms(bottom half) when my machines are new.. Works really good actually.

You putting a driveshaft saver in the catlyst? I have not gotten mine yet but just watched a video the other day of track removal and appears to be same "proven" slip fit design!

Back