• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing handle bar grips

OPS2147

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 APEX RTX(sold)
2014 Viper LTX SE (wrecked)
2016 Viper LTX SE (MPS SYSTEM)
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE 50th !
Anyone have experience changing out their handle bar grips and heaters ? Wife bent her bars and I need to get it sorted out.

How hard was it .. any tricks for getting the grips and heaters off easier.

How hard was it .. any tricks for getting the grips and heaters off easier.

Grips will have glue up at the base that meets the control. I just buy new grips its much easier to cut off the old stuff. Then you have to un tape the heater once the grip is peeled off. You will have to tape the new heater down in the same fashion so it stays in place. Peel and clean the bar surface for the new heater. Its a pain to take the control apart to unplug it. Once the new heater element is put on then retape it down. Plug the bar ends and take compressed air nozzle and use the air to assist sliding on the grip.

You can get the bars with heaters with new style grips from country cat for $135 complete. It's the mtx style with the grab handle but that can be cut off easily if you don't want it.

Dang it I just ordered the bar and grips from the dealer 103.. no heaters.. I am going to try and salvage my heaters

Back