• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

chip out of my primary clutch!! WTF!!!

sbot69

Veteran
Going to take my belt off today(had problem but this site helped solve it) and see this chip out ofy primary clutch and what look like stress cracks. Anyone see this before? Glad it still under warranty. Trying to add pictures from phone but not working. Will keep trying.

Possibly from something in the belly left over from manufacturing. Could also come from a fastner that wigglged loose.

The things that look like stress cracks are usually just mold marks from the casting process.......seen them in almost every clutch........as to the chunk, bummer.........

Dang.....glad it's under warranty.

TJ probably hit this right on the head....something lying in the belly pan got sucked in there and damaged it.

Pretty sure cat just threw in a couple loose bolts when assembling. I have found two that have no home.

There was some reports of clutches blowing on nytros, and seeing fee vids on YouTube.

And I don't think cat would throw stuff in there on purpose, their quality control sucks as it is.

fxnytroxtx said:
There was some reports of clutches blowing on nytros, and seeing fee vids on YouTube.

And I don't think cat would throw stuff in there on purpose, their quality control sucks as it is.

Just messing, all my buddies run cats.

I have not looked at mine yet but I have had problems in the past on 2 rx's and 1 apex with stress cracks but on much higher mileage sleds.

Back