• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

chris reid's blog:

rupprider

Expert
Lots of interesting info, imo. edit: The "whys" behind some of the new stuff for 2016. snowmobiles.yamahablog.ca

Last edited:

I'm not too impressed with his blogs lately...he seems a little preoccupied and short...and maybe a bit disgruntled? Dunno...I guess we will see

I agree, I read his blog, but when I,m finished, I realize I get nothing new out of it. And now should be the time when we are the most hyped about the new releases.
I do get the feeling he sounds tired, and it must be frustrating for him, knowing what is in the pipe, but cann,t let the cat out of the bag.
Butting heads with Japan management has got to be tough, as their thinking is way different than the north american way.
Doing all the travelling he is doing must kinda burn you out as well.
Not an easy job, by any means.

What if AC is going to factory turbo the 1049 and release it in March? How do you think that would make you feel if you were in his position? Just a thought..........

Be interesting to see if the cats get the update/changes the vipers got. Maybe they are both going separate directions with these sleds.

What if AC is going to factory turbo the 1049 and release it in March? How do you think that would make you feel if you were in his position? Just a thought..........

Yes I have thought of this too. I keep hearing their 1100 motor is going away. That would be a kick in the pants to have someone else turbo your motor and not offer it yourself. We will know soon.

Well looking at the 2016 Cats it looks like a year of refinements for them too. The 1100 turbo and non turbo still exist so the Yamaha motor with a blower never happened. Their 800 continues to be a Suzuki, they say they are not ready for the US made one....more testing.....hmm sounds like a Yamaha thing. Maybe Yamaha is rubbing off on them. It also looks like they are now using Team clutches and Borg Warner drive chains and sprockets.

Back