• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Issue Mystery

When I have to tow someone out I usually will switch to my spare belt. That way I wont ruin my good belt.
That is a good idea because I usually swap out the old for a new belt. Course right now I have a new belt as a spare but with close to 4 thousand miles its about time to switch.

I rather doubt that towing caused that mechanical failure. With the marks as high up as they are on the primary I would suspect it let go on a wide open run with the primary shifted to top gear. I also amazed that with all that damage it was not heard. Should have made quite a rattle!
I agree makes sense

I agree it wasn't from towing... I think that was just by chance. Looking back I think I did hear it. I dismissed it as ice build up at the time although it did sound "tinnier" than normal ice noise after a stop. Once it just went away I assumed that had to be it. The interesting part is we put on a lot of miles after that. I'm surprised the belt held together. :)

I agree it wasn't from towing... I think that was just by chance. Looking back I think I did hear it. I dismissed it as ice build up at the time although it did sound "tinnier" than normal ice noise after a stop. Once it just went away I assumed that had to be it. The interesting part is we put on a lot of miles after that. I'm surprised the belt held together. :)
Yamaha belts are tough!

Back