• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch rollers??

Nytronorth

I have tried other sites for this question but never got any help. So here goes. I have an 08 MTX Nytro with MCXpress turbo running at 19lbs. This thing eats through clutch rollers every 400-500kms. Everyone I ask that is running boost say they do not have any issues. I have full panel venting and never burn belts so I do not think it is a heat issue. I just had clutch inspected again then put in new rollers,pins,washers, New dalton weights and new spring as preseason ritual. Went to Revy and rode for 6 days. Sled ran flawless and never even opened the hood. Came home and went through my post ride ritual and sure enough roller bushings are shot again. I have 6500km on the sled and clutch has been rebuilt at local Yamaha shop twice in that time. but still I eat rollers like crazy. 12 sets in 6500km cant be normal even boosted!! Help please!! Or is it time for aftermarket clutch??

that sucks ,
i'd say you have something wrong for sure , never heard of this before , i'm sure someone has and will answer your call for help

What size are you running for rollers? Is it that the bushing is shot or the actual steel roller?

Some solvents will cause the bushings to wear very quickly. I had a set fail a few days after cleaning the engine, now I remove the clutches before using anything other than water under the hood.

Thanks. But they were installed new and dry before trip and shot at the end of trip. I only ever use air on my clutches and sled rides in enclosed trailer so only washing done is just towelled off in garage at home.

Do you have some pics of the bad bushings you could post? Are the rollers spinning freely when they are all tightened up in the spider?

Back