• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cobra 1.35 vs Ripsaw 2 1.25

yamadooman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 SRX
Probably been discussed many times, but wondering if any have compared the 1.35 cobra to the stock Rip 2. I have a new SRX coming and don't feel like the 1" track will be worth a $hit.... I have a Rip 2 1.25, but just wondering if the 1.35 Cobra might not be a better option.. I have buddies with them on the Polaris and they all love them.. Doesn't seem to hurt them much on top either.. Top end is not really my concern, more interested in acceleration and if it goes 120, I am good.. I will have a tune in it.. Any advantages of disadvantages with either of these tracks? thanks in advance

I had a Rip 2 on my last 137, loved it, great off trail too. When I got this 129 it had the useless Rip1 so the first thing I did was track down a new. fully clipped 1 3/8" Cobra. I'm reasonably well studded and maybe its my setup but the 2 137's I ride with can't touch my Cobra out of the hole. I'd say in a 137", either would do properly studded.

Attachments

• Track1.jpg
    Track1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 95
My Sidewinder came stock with the 1 3/8 Cobra. When I went to find another one, I was told by more than 1 track place that they are basically 1 1/4 except for some tiny tips on the paddle4s and they wear down very quickly. I was concerned because I want to resuse my studs and they are the 1.375 I think or the ones for the 1 3/8ths track. Both places said I should have no trouble reusing the studs at all. That said I have only used the 1 3/8th Cobra and now going with the 1 1/4 ripsaw so I hope I cant tell the difference.

Do you feel like it was an advantage over the Ripsaw 2? Any loss in top speed? thanks...

I think it has better traction. Hooks like a mofo. 2 ply and fully clipped. Not sure of the weight comparison of the 2 tracks to comment on top end.

I loved my 1.35 Cobra on my Apex. It was more durable than my 1.25 Ripsaw as well. I've always wondered how that track would hold up to Boost.

My Sidewinder came stock with the 1 3/8 Cobra. When I went to find another one, I was told by more than 1 track place that they are basically 1 1/4 except for some tiny tips on the paddle4s and they wear down very quickly. I was concerned because I want to resuse my studs and they are the 1.375 I think or the ones for the 1 3/8ths track. Both places said I should have no trouble reusing the studs at all. That said I have only used the 1 3/8th Cobra and now going with the 1 1/4 ripsaw so I hope I cant tell the difference.
This is correct. The great majority of the area on the lugs on a Cobra 1.35 track aren't any taller than your typical 1.25 track.

The Cobra will hook up better in loose snow but the Ripsaw 2 will likely last a lot longer without tearing lugs. The lugs on the Cobra are very soft/flexible. IMO the Ripsaw 2 is a better fit for a Sidewinder.

Im currently debating the two tracks for my Nytro. I keep changing my mind on which one to get. The Rip 1 is a decent trail track but is horrible off trail.

I have had both, RipSaw 2 all the way. It is better in the wear department, the hook up is very close, maybe a toss up but the RP2 has better top end. Talk to the guys at Port Yamaha, they favor the RS2, they have had some issues with the Cobra.

Last edited:
I can see the Cobra having an edge in off trail, compared to the Rip II, but, that would be about it.

With that said, I would be VERY interested in a future Rip III track that was patterned after the Rip II, but with 1.375 lugs.
Best of both worlds???

I can see the Cobra having an edge in off trail, compared to the Rip II, but, that would be about it.

With that said, I would be VERY interested in a future Rip III track that was patterned after the Rip II, but with 1.375 lugs.
Best of both worlds???
I though that's what the Ripsaw II 1.5 is? Sides are tapered so might last longer than the Storm 150 too.

1673391713515.png

Back